3 or 4 hour Lessons?

I have passed both theory tests etc. I am ust about to book my training, next week.

From other lessons I have had, in various things (learning to fly for example) I have found mental/information overload after a few hours.

Most schools, seem to offer only 4 hour lessons per day, then warm up -take test on last day.

I am thinking personally that maybe 3 hours per day is more efficient.

Any views, from those that have gone through training in the last year or so ?

Trust me, you blink and your 4 hours are gone. Reversing can take over an hour, plus it can be far away. It goes so quick.

Not much help here I’m afraid but i done 5 x 8 hr days when I passed 25 yrs ago and took test Friday afternoon but maybe it’s all changed now.

Depends if it is 1-2 or 1-1

8 hr days can be long & hard mentally can work for some

Have you had an assessment yet :question: as they can be a guild

When i did mine about 11 years ago i did 2 hour lessons on saturday afternoons,passed c in 9 weeks and c+e in 7

passed both c and c+e 4x 4hour lessons.
it realy doesent seem like your out for 4hours though

Agreed. 4 hours fly by. It really depends if you are a natural or need a lot of coaching.

I always thought 4 hours was pretty much the norm for 1:1. Can’t say I ever remember being offered a 3 hour day.

Best of luck for your training no matter which option you choose.

And as animal says… The assessment is there to help both you and the trainer get a feel for what is needed and how you will do.

Thanks all for the input.

Yes 4 hours does seem to be the norm. However, I often think about, or question the way things are done.

I know some people do a couple of hours after work, now and then. Of course it is not efficient, if you have to spend a while trying to remember, what you did on the last lesson.

So seems like 4 hours is not a major problem (think I will be 1-1)

Thanks again everyone.

I did 4x4 hours cat c and 2x8 hours for c+e The first day is the killer fell asleep in the armchair soon as I got in. A quick tea break here and there helps, give you time to think about things. :smiley:

Thanks Rich,

did you feel 4x4 was sufficient ?

take it you passed as you then went on for more !

Semi Cdn:
Thanks Rich,

did you feel 4x4 was sufficient ?

take it you passed as you then went on for more !

Yeah 4x4 is good for the cat c its a lot to take in if you’ve only been driving cars or small vans.