3 Mobile verses Vodafone

Seriously thinking of jumping ship from Vodafone to 3 Mobile.

Anyone on 3 can give me an idea of coverage for signal, getting fed up with lack of coverage on Vodafone in places where it was good, seems to have gone downhill, not only for myself but other people have found the same.

Can’t fault 3 for Internet coverage, but it’s patchy on phone signal. Had a Vodafone dongle about 5 years ago and 3 is far better, there’s the odd dead spot, but there is with any provider.

Went from Vodafone to 3 a few years ago, far better i find

Can’t fault 3 for Internet coverage, but it’s patchy on phone signal. Had a Vodafone dongle about 5 years ago and 3 is far better, there’s the odd dead spot, but there is with any provider.

Conan the Librarian:

Many thanks

mutley:
Went from Vodafone to 3 a few years ago, far better i find

Many thanks

Had as Vodafone work phone and 3 mobile personal phone. Found the coverage better on Vodafone but 3 Mobile’s all you can eat data is really useful. Maybe get a PAYG sim first before you sign up to a big contract, just to make sure you are happy.

find 3 much betterthan most and improving all the time.

Sub_tone:
Had as Vodafone work phone and 3 mobile personal phone. Found the coverage better on Vodafone but 3 Mobile’s all you can eat data is really useful. Maybe get a PAYG sim first before you sign up to a big contract, just to make sure you are happy.

Many thanks, its a bit of swings and roundabouts, however all you can eat data, plus phone is unlocked (iPhone 6), my iPad contract is up aswell so thinking of going for iPad 2 Air, however data is 15GB allowance on 3 in respect of Vodafone 3GB allowance.

Can’t fault 3, i’m on unlimited internet and tethering.

Even use the tethering at home, i was told by 3 they’ve changed the tethering to 3gb with new contracts as it’s costing them to much. So i’m not upgrading next month when i’m due.

Must use 30/40gb a month internet.

ZippyUK:

Conan the Librarian:

Many thanks

Welcome :sunglasses:

stuh - check with 3 i renewed and got everything i used to get on my original contract they offered me a much ‘better’ deal to lose the tethering etc told them no way, still have unlimited everything plus tehering etc.

Been with Three almost since the beginning, wouldn’t swap. The “One Plan” is the tariff mentioned above but has been discontinued. I’ll continue to pay on a rolling monthly contract after it finishes next year, even though I will have to continue at the same rate. How much would unlimited internet cost? Lots more, so I’m happy. Coverage has steadily improved over the years and lack of signal problems have not re-occurred for me once I mentioned it. I’ll be buying a new phone when my i4s dies, not a new contract.

If you have a android phone get the app portable WiFi then you have unlimited tethering

I’ve just changed from Vodafone to 3. I was with Vodafone for years but they kept changing the contracts without notice and the coverage did seem to be getting worse so I told them to stick it - they didn’t even put up much of a fight. 3 seems to have better phone coverage (according to the bars on the phone), but I’ve noticed more dropped calls which can be annoying. Their all-you-can-eat data packages seem very good and they allow tethering without a quibble or extra charge (though, as ,mentioned, there is a monthly limit on that).

New SIM came through in less than 24 hours and my number was ported over the following day, so all sorted in less than 2 days, which was a great relief.

When wife’s contract comes up for renewal we’re moving hers over as well.

i was told by 3 the reason calls ‘drop’ is the going from 3/4g to normal (apparently) which happens a fair bit, but like i say it has got much better in the last couple of years.

stuh:
Can’t fault 3, i’m on unlimited internet and tethering.

Even use the tethering at home, i was told by 3 they’ve changed the tethering to 3gb with new contracts as it’s costing them to much. So i’m not upgrading next month when i’m due.

Must use 30/40gb a month internet.

And with many people ripping the ■■■■ out of the 3’s unlimited tethering on the old ‘One Plan’ (ok, many people use a ton more) the unlimited tethering is coming to an end…give an inch and some take a mile. Let 'em use as much as they want…then bang 'em for a fiver for every Gb over an agreed limit, set on a tarrif

Thanks for all the reply’s , going to jump ship to 3, called Vodafone and they could not match what 3 are offering, and they did not make an effort to keep me as a customer after being with them 10 years.

I was with VF for years but their 3G network, in Scotland at any rate, has become a joke! I was tempted to move to 3, my wife’s been with them for a fair few years, but she doesn’t do the travelling that I do.

Although I’ve had a 3 dongle for a number of years, and I’m perfectly happy with it and them, I was concerned that with 3, it’s 3G or nothing. So I moved to Virgin who piggy-back on EE and the 3G signal is in a different league, but when it is dodgy, there’s 2G to fall back on.

ZippyUK:
Thanks for all the reply’s , going to jump ship to 3, called Vodafone and they could not match what 3 are offering, and they did not make an effort to keep me as a customer after being with them 10 years.

You won’t regret it, they really do seem to be the best at the moment. Always willing to help when times get hard or you threaten to leave. I too have told VF where to go after they did not care I wanted to leave.

Here’s a coverage map based on survey data comparing network coverage
telegraph.co.uk/technology/m … ealed.html

And here’s Three’s. If it’s to be believed, that’s rather good really.
three.co.uk/Support/Coverage

I’m just waiting for foreign country’s to catch on with the market leading ‘home country’ aspect which Three have started. Being able to call home using your minutes. If France did this, I would not hesitate to go over there to buy a sim, and then use it here accessible ons erveral networks - just like we can do with English sim’s when we go abroad! This prospect seems great for us Truckers and other such people always on the move.