3 broken ribs!!!

well i have been at it again, another accident but not involving a wagon this time :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
this time it was a ladder :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
how did this happen? very simple i put the ladder up against a beam in the roof of the house i am restoring, climbed up it, and it decided it didnt want to stay put.
it sliped out from under me and i slambed in the beam and caught my self and managed to drop down to the floor.
by this stage i couldnt breath, and thought i had just badly winded my self, then i moved AAAHHHHHHHHHHH :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
dad went in to panic mode and started running around like a headless chicken as per usual, not the greatest of people to have around in a crisis :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
told him in not very pleasant way " go ring the ambulance f :open_mouth: :slight_smile: :frowning: :confused: :blush: :cry: now"
as we live right out in the sticks and up a mountain as well, it took 30 mins for the pompiers to arive ( the fire brigade allways get to the scene of an accident first in france) and couldnt get the blood pressure machine to work ( and he is a sparky as well) (volunteer crew) and by this time the medics had turned up anyway, 35mins and they had me on the oxygen and started sticking the needles in me.
then the ambulance crew and the gendarmes arrived, in total 15 people in the house!!!
on the spine board, down the stairs and in to the meat wagon, for a 40 min drive to the hospital.
in to x-ray 15 mins after i arrived and in to a room and bed within an hour and a half:shock: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
3 broken ribs and shock great :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
next day have an echo (same thing they use on pregnant woman) and find a damaged spleen and the best part of a litre of blood from the ribs, so i wasnt going any where for i while.
i get givern the bad news you will be here for at least a week, compleate bed rest and are not to move if possible so resort to piddling in a container, and couldnt eat for 4 days so was relying on the drugs and the drip ( 4 lines at one point) to keep me going and crap french telly and the bed baths :wink: :wink: :wink:
am back home now after 8 and a half days of lyeing in bed and am now on the box till 6th of feb, will be just my luck that a job offer comes through the door :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
it cost us about £500 in the end as i dont have the insurance to cover the 20% that we have to pay, will be looking in to it before very much longer though.
am still in quite some pain but will be for a weeks yet.
the up side is it has stopped me from smoking for a week, the craving is still there but will have to fight it.
salut
chris

Sorry to hear of your troubles, get well soon.

Caveman, sorry to hear it, I think your signature’s most appropriate at this moment in time :wink:. Hope your back on your feet soon :unamused::shock::wink:.

Get well soon caveman

Bad luck Caveman, hope your fighting fit soon

hope ya well soon mate :laughing: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You’re a lucky man Caveman, it is quite easy to pop your clogs very rapidly from a ruptured spleen, and well within the 35 minutes it took for the ambulance to get there.
I’m pleased you are on the mend.

Muppet :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :laughing:
Take care of your self bud!

Ps. it’s hard to say a good time to phone at the mo, text me.

OUCH!!!
Get well soon mate.

thanks guys,
my signature was made up after my last accident, just havent changed it since :blush: :unamused: :unamused:
not sure if i will cope of 3 weeks doing nothing, it will drive me insane :imp: :imp:
ho hum
chris

If i was your dad i would have been worried about the ladder…and the roof beam…some people are just so clumsy…get well soon caveman…and enjoy the rest while you can…you could always go to the chinese for some spare ribs :laughing: :laughing:
have a nice day

:open_mouth: :confused: Doh… :slight_smile:

Hope you feel better soon, and get back to it

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

caveman, having spent time in hospital myself just recently , i know how frustrating it can be ,not been able to do thing’s. But , your alive !! And hopefully back to full health soon.

truckyboy:
If i was your dad i would have been worried about the ladder…and the roof beam…some people are just so clumsy…get well soon caveman…and enjoy the rest while you can…you could always go to the chinese for some spare ribs :laughing: :laughing:
have a nice day

hehehe, you’ve met him too trucky. :wink:

Luv ya Chris! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

plenty of time for the PC then

Take care and make sure next time, it’s all to easy