2years exp

Im looking forward to going past the two year rule and getting loads of exp and hopefully go :smiley: tramping in euro land… The wife is happy for me to follow my dream and support my family doing what i will enjoy…
:smiley:
Dan

I must admit. It’d be nice to do Europe just to say I’ve done it.

However, we should both learn to walk proficiently before marathon running :smiley:

Oh but i enjoy running before i can walk lol i think driving for the coop should give me good exp with the shops being in towns and villages, i start my induction week on monday cant wait to get out on the road then hopefully couple of months ill get moved on to class 1.

My goal is to be tramping across europe by the time im 30.

Best of luck Dan. You deserve it :slight_smile:

That’s kind of like me, I’m 30 now and will be starting my training in a few months, looking forward to driving all sorts of vehicles to all sorts of places, the bigger the variety te better. I also want to drive in Europe just for te experience.

Bring it on I say!

Dan_1986:
Im looking forward to going past the two year rule

Don’t start beleiving it is a ‘rule’. I was driving C+E within three weeks of passing my C+E test (with no previous C experience). I got my permanent job on C and C+E within four months of passing.

It will only be a rule if you decide it is. The world is your lobster (Arthur Daley)

Good luck with the Coop - I have done a bit for them (agency) and it isn’t too bad.

Keep up the good work
Alan

I had a full time C+E 2 weeks after passing,
Go with a less then reputable company to start with with ■■■■ trucks and ■■■■ managers and ■■■■ work and you could certainly get more then 2 years experience in 2 weeks.

My logic-
Go with a organised huge company with all modern trucks shunting up and down the m1 you won’t have much to deal with.

Go with a ■■■■ job you will soon have all the farm runs, ■■■■■■ reverses truck maintenance the lot.

Makes a lot of sense to a enployer in a interview when you an list things you have done

Yeah go for it, the European work is a faboulous experience after driving here. You are a professional over there, as against a navvy with a wagon here !

I went out to Europe with a mate of mine, double manning for Mortimers, before I had even driven an artic here since my test. There is no 2 year rule if you get the right connections.

Dan_1986:
tramping in euro land… The wife is happy for me to follow my dream and support my family doing what i will enjoy…
:smiley:
Dan

they all say that till you do it and your away from 9am on a sunday morning till 1800 on a friday night. :neutral_face: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Yeah I go with that one !

After 10 weeks being away whilst I was on my University summer vacation it was time to go back to studying. Don’t get me wrong it was an incredible experience, but not for me long term.

In my book, lorry driving is a really underrated skill. European work is the cream of the that.

Try telling the stingy employers that. The ones that think we are only worth 7.00 per hour :-/