28% of HGV's were speeding on Dual Carriage Way's

Hold ya back,People :confused:
dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/d … 611476.pdf

:confused: :laughing: Yeah like I can be bothered to wade through all that!
Copy & Paste the interseting bits please :smiley:

28 % what complete crap
I’d say 99% speed on dual carriageways,and I havent been paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to wade through statistics to come up with that :unamused: :unamused:

Tramper:
:? :laughing: Yeah like I can be bothered to wade through all that!
Copy & Paste the interseting bits please :smiley:

I am amazed. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Not that you can’t be bothered to wade through it, neither could I, but by the fact you think there will be interesting bits. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

fact 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of lorry drivers do not speed on
moterways

bikemonkey:
28 % what complete crap
I’d say 99% speed on dual carriageways,and I havent been paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to wade through statistics to come up with that :unamused: :unamused:

Whoever came up with that statistic should be sacked - or perhaps be given a job in the Home Office. What will they come up with next - 10% speed on single carriageway… … … …

G

There was a very high incidence of speeding by heavy goods vehicles (HGVs) on non-built-up dual and single carriageway roads. On dual carriageways, 86 per cent of articulated HGVs surveyed exceeded their 50 mph limit, the same proportion as in 2004. On single carriageways, 77 per cent of articulated HGVs exceeded their 40 mph limit, compared to 78 per cent in 2004; 27 per cent were travelling faster than 50 mph compared with 28 per cent in 2004.

I’m actually in court next week for speeding (in a truck). I’ll try and take my camera fone with me and give you all a court report !!! I’ll either be paying a lot more money for my 3 points or will be celebrating with a still clean licence.

74.7% of all statistics are made up :laughing:

hitch:
fact 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of lorry drivers do not speed on
moterways

Unless it’s an non-uk based truck. Although having them overtake ME when I’m doing 70mph in a 7.5t is quite, um, worrying.

The original reference was to dual carriageways not motorways. 50mph for HGV’s isn’t it? Not on the A14. Then there are single carriageway roads? 40mph? Nah, forget that!

When drivers are paid by the hour why do they speed? Probably down to the fact to keep their bosses happy…

PS. Hows’ your brother?