27.07.09 17:00 Accident M62 b4 J35 (m18) eastbound

Hope all involved are fine.

it looks like a lorry hit roadworks lgv, partly on hard shoulder. the cab of the hgv were almost completly damaged.

title edited - you are right it was on m62 b4 M18

ive said this time n time again in various conversations they shoudnt be there during the day do the work on a night when theres no were near as much traffic about and cone a lane off, hope all involved were ok anyway .

it dosn’t matter who’s at fault, but because of this we are all [zb]ed.

Again.

im suprised some of those road workers dont get chopped in half the way they hang off those trucks when putting out the cones,if i saw a large truck comming towards me id be getting well out the way, big balls or what :exclamation: :exclamation:

seen that today looked a bit nasty, these highway blokes will be wanting danger money shortly the amount that are getting bumped lately

Hyper,the majority of works are done at night.Perhaps he was there waiting for a tyre fitter to arrive so they could put a lane one closure in place for an offside tyre change.Does the truck with the flat wait till nightime?
What ever reason he was parked on the h/s,he shouldn’t be hit !!
But until the facts are known,we can’t comment.Perhaps the truck that hit the TM truck was cut up?

extrucker yes i can see your point on tyre change but how many times have u passed one just sat there no men mowing /strimming no work going on at all what are they doing sat having a cuppa. its got me thinking actually looking at the pic i thought the thing that dropped down was supposed to cushion the impact ?

I’m confused ( as usual) there’s only 7 junctions on the M18.

Hyper,hard to tell ,with transit blocking view,but when working on hard shoulder,as far as i know,a crash cushion should be behind.In my area,the road sweeper sweeping h/s has a cushion following it.