25th Childrens convoy

Morning all! Not been around much lately, had my hands full with organising this years East coast truckers childrens convoy. Its the 25th anniversary. 100 trucks are booked in to carry a precious cargo of 92 disadvantaged children. There are a few TNUK members taking part, either driving on the convoy or marshalling on the route. The convoy takes some 300 volunteers to run it. With out everyone taking part none of this would be possible. If anyone can make the journey down to Norfolk for Sunday it would be lovely to see you. More help marshalling is always greatfully recieved. We depart from county hall, Martineu lane, Norwich @ 10am.

Hopefully there will be some good photos to follow and you tube footage too. If you wish to help out with marshalling, ring Darin on 07966397733. He will fill you in.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Good luck with it Rob, i am sure it will all go well for you,can’t be there as i am working :frowning:

all the best lads and lasses, its an amazing day im so so gutted i cant make it this year :cry: :cry: :cry:

look forward to seeing the pics

I heard about it on Nick Risby’s show last night. Too late for me to make it this year but maybe next? Can you please tell me whether you can donate on the link on the OP? As that was last years? Great to see you all doing such a kind thing. All the very best for the weekend.
Streaky.
EDIT:
Sorry I’ve found how to donate as it’s on the east coast truckers page. :blush:

good luck rob and all concerned i met marble last week he said best not to mention i had met him

Best of luck Rob, I’ll be there with the family to cheer you on your way back ( Gorleston roundabout ) to GY. Hope the weather is good but I’m sure come rain or shine everything will turn out brilliant. Best regards, Haddy.

BUMP

how did it go :question:

hope all was well :laughing:

hi,ill be at the gapton hall rndbt on your way to p hills…or might make my way to p hills entrance as i did last year!im working in the evening or i would have been only too happy to help down the seafront…im sure you will all have an excellent day and the children will enjoy every minute.

hanson:
good luck rob and all concerned i met marble last week he said best not to mention i had met him

best not to mention me and lug are staying at marbles house lol

Just seen it on the news well done to you all. I take my hat off to you. :smiley:

itv.com/anglia/fullprogramme/ from 3 mins 10 secs in.

Unfortunatly I couldn’t make it…wrong end of the country for me, but I did find this vid of it

DadsRetired:
http://www.itv.com/anglia/fullprogramme/ from 3 mins 10 secs in.

:sunglasses: Makes a change to see some good publicity. Well done and hats off to Mr V and all involved.

Mr V’s a TV star now :slight_smile:

That looked a great turn out! Credit to all involved! :smiley:

Rob, if you are the main organiser of the convoy, and the chairman of the ECTC, why does Little Enis always seem to go first in the convoy?

just curious :wink:

as has already been said, well done to everybody involved, whether they be organisers, drivers or marshalls :smiley:

Just found this brilliant vid, Well done :smiley:

shuttlespanker:
Rob, if you are the main organiser of the convoy, and the chairman of the ECTC, why does Little Enis always seem to go first in the convoy?

as has already been said, well done to everybody involved, whether they be organisers, drivers or marshalls :smiley:

its his last year at the front and as convoy director so he got no1 spot

mr b will be no1 next year.

gogzy:

shuttlespanker:

its his last year at the front and as convoy director so he got no1 spot

mr b will be no1 next year.

but that’s just it, i thought Rob was convoy director

heres some shots from the weekend…