24v-to-12v-voltage-convertor-

i know this has probably been covered many times before
but i need to convert the 24v ciggarete lighter socket in the cab to a12v ciggarette lighter socket
the hella socket doesnt work so
is this any good

maplin.co.uk/10a-dc-24v-to-1 … tor-390224

or can someone paste a link to something suitable please

thats fine

what about this one

ebay.co.uk/itm/24V-TO-12V-MI … 23102b5f9e

do you think it has to plug into the smaller 24v socket
or the normal big one

villa:
what about this one

or the normal big one

This one plugs into an ordinary 24v cig lighter socket.
If you want to use it as a 12v cig lighter, with a couple of spare accessory sockets, check with the seller that it is suitable as a cig lighter. Many are not.

Personally I’d get one with a USB socket as well, for charging up smart phones/tablets or whatever without having to use another adaptor, if there is such a thing.

Simon:

villa:
what about this one

or the normal big one

If you want to use it as a 12v cig lighter, with a couple of spare accessory sockets, check with the seller that it is suitable as a cig lighter. Many are not.

Personally I’d get one with a USB socket as well, for charging up smart phones/tablets or whatever without having to use another adaptor, if there is such a thing.

any idea who sells them simon
or could you paste a link

villa:

Simon:

villa:
what about this one

or the normal big one

any idea who sells them simon
or could you paste a link

Check the last 6 words of my post mate.
I’ve seen a lot of multi-sockets with a usb socket on them. Those are just straight through multi’s though, whatever voltage you put in, you get the same out but 5v on the usb socket whatever voltage you put in.

I just bought a socket in halfords and wired it of radio which are usually 12v anyway probably not a recommended way to do it but its working fine for me