24V Kettle Hella Plug

Hi folks… a topic that has been slightly discussed before.

I recently purchased a 24v Kettle for a Volvo FM. After 5 minutes, it burned out the socket (was using a 24v cigarette lighter socket).

Told my boss what had happened and long story short… they are wiring in a 24v hella socket via an Anderson lead for me straight from the battery. He said it should be capable of coping with 40amps.

My question is, what is the best kettle set up I can get which uses a hella plug connection. I would get an inverter wired in but I would have to cover the costs with it being a personal benefit and they are too expensive for me.

Also - A gas stove is NOT an option thank you due to company policy and H&S on my site.

Thank you anyway for any suggestions

I am using a Dunlop 24v kettle in a volvo without issue, its meant to be 250w which puts it just over 10amps, so didn’t bring it to work for ages as the socket covers in the volvo say 10amps, but I found they are fused at 15 according to the manual

Can you just get a hella plug put onto your current kettle and use it with the new socket?

I drove a man. And used one.of these 16A Hella Plug to Cigarette Lighter Socket 12v & 24v | ROADKING.co.uk
Along with a basic kettle with a stanard plug fitting
In about 5 years of tramping never let.me.down

Butane stove and kettle

TruckDriverBen:
Butane stove and kettle

Which he clearly states is out of the question……

Anybody recommend a kettle for a Actros that isn’t gunna blow something or melt something?

Yorkielad:

TruckDriverBen:
Butane stove and kettle

Which he clearly states is out of the question……

Anybody recommend a kettle for a Actros that isn’t gunna blow something or melt something?

I’d quit that company in a flash then… however close the curtains then make your brew?

Now that you have a connection to the anderson lead get an inverter and a 240v kettle, as those 12/24v kettles take ages to come up to a boil

peirre:
Now that you have a connection to the anderson lead get an inverter and a 240v kettle, as those 12/24v kettles take ages to come up to a boil

Agreed
a 3000 watt inverter - £200
kettle £20
toaster £20
Microwave £50
For less than £300 you can have a few home comforts for less than the price of a fitted Volvo microwave £500 + fitting .
You can then run phone chargers ,tv , netflix stick an extra cool box for the 2 weeks its boiling hot in July , if your a real fussy bu@@er you can steal the wifes hoover for a bit of cleaning action if you wish . A decent sized inverter is an absolute game changer - I’m looking at getting a convection top thingy for cooking on possibly - if it works I could ditch the gas stove and the need to carry gass canisters about .
And don’t beleive the nonsence about needing a sine wave inverter - the £200 one I mentioned above works unless your going to build a server farm for crypto mining an ordinary inverter will do just fine - I’m 4 years in so far and no delicate electronics have been harmed .

I agree ^^^ my £120 e bay Chinese 5000 w inverter has served me well for over four years now, powering my Daewoo microwave, household kettle and also charges my Wandamatic 2000 SUX playmate with no problems whatsoever.