24v inverter advice

I’ve got a 24v 2100watt inverter and it’s got two F/off wires to connect it direct to the batteries, now the most wattage I’ll be drawing form it is a 750watt for a kettle, can I change the two F/off wires to smaller wires(still strong enough for the unit) and get away with plugging it into the 24v socket on the dash?

No, as you would need to be able to draw over 31 amps ! plus maybe more on start up …

In no uncertain terms NO!you’ll pop the socket fuse at best at worse burn out some dash wiring , the leads are that thick for a reason and must be connected to battery or Anderson socket

Did I not write the word ‘No’ in big enough letters ? :unamused:

thanks Raymundo :cry: :cry: , it’s a new Iveco, batteries right at the back :cry: I’ll have to work on something then :question:

raymundo:

Better that than a fried truck :grimacing:

Thanks guys I’ve got the message lol

blue estate:

raymundo:

Better that than a fried truck :grimacing:

Fuse would blow before it fried anything unless it were changed for a six inch nail ! trying to drag 31+ amps thru a 10 or 15 amp fuse … kapow ! :slight_smile:

Get your workshop to sort it out. I’ve got my inverter fitted under the bed and an Anderson out at the the back of the cab where the suzzies are. Then another Anderson out from the battery about a foot away. I just connect an Anderson lead to both points when I need it when I park up in the evening. The inverter I’ve got has a cable from it with an on off switch attached which sits in the cab and an extension lead from the inverter in the cab so I never have to lift the bed to turn it off and on.

ebay.co.uk/itm/1500W-3000W-p … XQKPRSNY8B

I’d recommend these. Brilliant bit of kit. Powers TV (a proper 19" Samsung and not one of those crap Hgv ones) and 600w microwave amazon.co.uk/Daewoo-QT3-Comp … B00A48YJQY simultaneously no problem. Although I do leave the engine running when I’m using the microwave to be on the safe side.