24v fridge best one to buy

Hi all, new lorry arrives on 1st September new to me anyway been told this one doesn’t come with fridge, so got to buy one and boss will cover the cost any ideas which one to buy want the fridge type not cool box as had one years ago and milk don’t last long. Thanks for all your help

Waeco. I’ve got the “basic” one which is effectively a cool box rather than a fridge, but unlike the cheaper cool boxes the Waeco one runs on 24 volts as well as 12. Been using it for 3 months now, no issues.

I plug it in when I put me card in first thing in the morning, unplug it when I stop for the night. Keeps milk fresh all week.

Mine cost £65 from the Bay of Fools; more expensive ones start from around £140.

Thanks il take a look on there do you turn it off at night or leave it running

Daz83:

Weaco tropicool , leave mine on from monday morning to friday afternoon no problems at all

Daz83:

Mine, I unplug it when I stop; the Tropicool ones mentioned by chaversdad (they’re the more expensive ones I mentioned) can be left switched on as they’ve got thermostat cut-outs I think.

The other advantage of the Tropicool is that it also has a mains plug, so you can put your stuff in it on a Sunday night and leave it running in the house, so that it’s chilled down before you start work.

I’ve got the Waeco coolfreeze CDF36 and can highly recommend it, I leave it on 24/7 set at +2c and everything is always very cold and I’ve never had any problems starting the truck even after a weekend off. It runs on 12/24v or 230v ac and the temp can be set at anything from +10 to -18c, it only draws around 2amps and that’s only when the compressor kicks in and its almost silent even when the compressor is running. Not cheap at around £400-450 but its a proper fridge not a coolbox.

That sounds great thanks for all your help il sort me self out with one now, so I’m ready to go.