24v droppers

I need to get a dropper so I can put cb in cab. Merc Axor has 2 cig sockets but both are 24v. Even stereo is 24v. Whats the best 1 to get for the job?? I’ve seen a couple of 8amp 1’s that just plug into cig lighter socket but have been told theses aint good enough to run a cb. Any advice would be gratefully received chaps and chappesses.

Thanks in advance

Jase

You could try running some twin core cable from one of your batteries. Preferably the one which is next to the chassis earth. Don’t forget to add an inline fuse. Use a decent thickness of cable too to prevent overheating.
Lastly don’t blame me if it all goes wrong.

kirky7:
I need to get a dropper so I can put cb in cab. Merc Axor has 2 cig sockets but both are 24v. Even stereo is 24v. Whats the best 1 to get for the job?? I’ve seen a couple of 8amp 1’s that just plug into cig lighter socket but have been told theses aint good enough to run a cb. Any advice would be gratefully received chaps and chappesses.

Thanks in advance

Jase

if its a standard cb and nothing more and is not tweaked etc the 8 amps should be enough. the better quality the better the staedy output. dont put the droper in an enclosed space,it needs air to cool it

I have a standard dropper in my truck running straight of cigarrete lighter my cb works fine but get a bit of interference with it just turn the squelch up and its ok dropper cost about a tenner

kirky7:

Thanks in advance

Jase

Dont buy a plug in one your best bet is to talk to any of the cdc shops 1 stockyard 2 M1 j9 truckstop 3 Avonmouth truckstop all the chaps give good info hope this helps :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Big ■■■■:

kirky7:

Thanks in advance

Jase

Dont buy a plug in one your best bet is to talk to any of the cdc shops 1 stockyard 2 M1 j9 truckstop 3 Avonmouth truckstop all the chaps give good info hope this helps :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

a dropper that comes ready wired upto a ciggy plug is by far a better/safer option that you sugest.i dont know enough about those guys to trust them with something that could be unsafe (wired to battery etc). and yep i have bought of a few things off the cdc shops.
the other reason for buying ready wired are
if it burns out take it back and swop it (if you wired it wrong then thats not an option)
it usually comes with the correct rated fuse
its almost idiot proof
if you have never done anything like wiring etc its a safer bet

kirky7:

Thanks in advance

Jase

I drive an Axor, and my 12v is under the dash passenger side, also theres a switch behind the hand brake, says 12v/24v, flick till the red light comes on, my cb works fine…