24v 300w Inverter

Hi to all, can anyone tell me how I can use my my 24 300w Inverter for my laptop in a 12v car ? Thanks in excited intrepitation !

No. If it’s 24v, it will only work on 24v.

Ah thanks, just thought there may have been some restrictor you could buy or somehow to split the voltage in to 2 x 12v

Harry has the long and tall of it Kerbdog.
I used a maplins 150w ciggy plug in thing and that worked ok on mine,about 30 notes or so I think it was at the time.

You may already know this but to know what size inverter take a look at the inverter brick on the mains lead and add a bit.

To find your wattage it’s volts X amps
To find your amps (how much current it will draw) it’s wattage / volts.

My toshiba lappy is 19vdc drawing 3.42a at 65watts but they are all different,even another toshiba I had.

Not that I’m aware of. You could buy a 12v-24v step-up converter and then plug the 24v inverter into that, but it would probably be as cheap to buy a 12v inverter.

Might just by myself a tablet, some of them are putting out over 8 hours of battery life easily !

Maplins also do a universal charger runs off both 12v and 24v with output voltages between 1.5v and 19v

I use one in both the car and truck no problem

toowise:
Maplins also do a universal charger runs off both 12v and 24v with output voltages between 1.5v and 19v

I have one of those somewhere and they are good but if I remember they are only good for about 2 or 3 amps,I may be mistaken.

ShropsBri:

toowise:

I have one of those somewhere and they are good but if I remember they are only good for about 2 or 3 amps,I may be mistaken.

Yeah you’re right Bri, Ive just had a look on the charger and it says…

Input 12-24v 5A
Output 2A

Good enough for my netbook but dont know about a bigboys laptop