24hrs in Police Custody,Ch4

I watched this last night, jist of the story is, a householder disturbed 2guys breaking into his property, they do a runner on a motorbike with him in hot pursuit in his car, they crash and sustain serious injuries and the householder is arrested and charged with grevious bodily harm
Turns out the two injured are career criminals with a long list of offences and the householder is an ordinary working guy, an electrician to trade.
The householder eventually has his day in court and receives a 22montg custodial sentence for taking the law into his own hands which the Judge says will not be tolerated
The two scumbags? One gets a 1 yr SUSPENDED sentence, the other 200hrs community service because the Judge says “it would be too difficult for the offenders to serve time in jail because of their injuries”
This isn’t a pop at the Police (a couple of the officers were sympathetic to the householders plight)
This is to highlight the state of Britains broken “justice” system
Watch it if you have time but be prepared to be VERY angry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don`t know about this particular case, but in principle:

Chase intruders out of your home, off your property, using physical force if necessary.
YES. No problem.

Chase them how much further?
Ten yards? Ten miles?

Getting in a car and chasing them, is no longer protecting yourself.
In the heat of the moment, under immediate threat, one level of action and even over-reaction, is understandable, but to continue further and for longer?
No.

You say it ain’t a pop at the Police,.and I fully understand that the ordinary policeman has to do as he is ordered ny the high echelons of the Police force…but who holds a large proportion of blame for Joe Public taking the law into his own hands?
Do you really think or believe they would have bothered their arses to send anybody out to even acknowledge the break in…let alone investigate it with a view to doing something about it.

And this us why there is so much crime, because the criminal fraternity are fully aware of this
…ie Zero deterrent !! . :bulb: :bulb:
And don’t get me started on what the Police actually DO prioritise on rather than real bread and butter actual CRIME.
You have every chance of getting nicked these days for making a perceiced homophobic or racist remark, or on the road doing 35 in a 30,.drinking a coffee whilst driving, or not having your pallet of light cardboard strapped down to within an inch of it’s life, …or any other money generating offence, than getting nicked for robbing a small business as in the programme, or turning over some old persons flat, with all the grief that will bring to them.
That summarises the justice system in the UK.

Franglais:
I don`t know about this particular case, but in principle:

Chase intruders out of your home, off your property, using physical force if necessary.
YES. No problem.

Chase them how much further?
Ten yards? Ten miles?

Getting in a car and chasing them, is no longer protecting yourself.
In the heat of the moment, under immediate threat, one level of action and even over-reaction, is understandable, but to continue further and for longer?
No.

We all get that, but what would you do if your family had been put at risk, and your possessions turned over,.and your car was on the drive when they did a runner…knowing the facts about what will happen if you call the Old Bill.
No correlation between the law and what real people do and think. :bulb:

Who coined the phrase ‘‘The law is an ■■■’’?
Whoever he was he had his head screwed on.

The farmer who shot 2 intruders when they were running away

The woman who killed the paedo who abused all 3 of her sons

To me morally right but the law said wrong

The average copper has to do as his masters bid him, the masters being, ultimately, the politicians who run the country
I’ve no issue with the average cop.
The judiciary on the other hand seems to be infiltrated with completely out of touch, soft , woke liberal products of our Universities
Have you not noticed how most politicians nowadays have been some kind of lawyer before they start to climb the greasy pole of politics?
Coincidence?

robroy:
You say it ain’t a pop at the Police,.and I fully understand that the ordinary policeman has to do as he is ordered ny the high echelons of the Police force…but who holds a large proportion of blame for Joe Public taking the law into his own hands?
Do you really think or believe they would have bothered their arses to send anybody out to even acknowledge the break in…let alone investigate it with a view to doing something about it.

And this us why there is so much crime, because the criminal fraternity are fully aware of this
And don’t get me started on what the Police actually DO prioritise on rather than real bread and butter actual CRIME.
You have every chance of getting nicked these days for making a perceiced homophobic or racist remark, or on the road doing 35 in a 30,.drinking a coffee whilst driving, or not having your pallet of light cardboard strapped down to within an inch of it’s life, …or any other money generating offence, than getting nicked for robbing a small business as in the programme, or turning over some old persons flat, with all the grief that will bring to them.

I get what you’re saying, chief con stables also set the agenda after they get their orders from the politicians, they have probably been to the same universities so sing off the same woke, lefty liberal hymn sheet.
I know a few ex and current cops socially (it’s a tight knit rural area, everybody knows each other) and if the general public knew how thinly spread the actual Bobbies on the beat are they’d be horrified. Luckily, this area is still fairly low crime. We’re not an easy area to get to or travel around but the I don’t want o get away from the point of the post- when is the actual justice system going to start listening to the public and start dealing properly and harshly with these professional scum bags who basically are not fit to live in decent society

GOG47:

robroy:

I get what you’re saying, chief con stables also set the agenda after they get their orders from the politicians, they have probably been to the same universities so sing off the same woke, lefty liberal hymn sheet.
I know a few ex and current cops socially (it’s a tight knit rural area, everybody knows each other) and if the general public knew how thinly spread the actual Bobbies on the beat are they’d be horrified. Luckily, this area is still fairly low crime. We’re not an easy area to get to or travel around but the I don’t want o get away from the point of the post- when is the actual justice system going to start listening to the public and start dealing properly and harshly with these professional scum bags who basically are not fit to live in decent society

Yep as I said,.I understand that the front line Police is run by wet lettuce lefties both in Govt and in the Police it’s self.
I have nothing against coppers as such,.any criticism I give them on here is justified, and mostly down to what they are ordered to do…I get that.
Most of them (apart from the absolute ■■■■ crew :smiley: ) are just like us.
Where I lived previously the local coppers used to give me, or me and my Mrs a lift home from a late night out, in the back of their van, which was on a remote airfield, then followed by an invite for a coffee in our kitchen :smiley: .

As for your rhetorical question…Since when do the establishment ever listen to the wishes of the lower classes.■■
The old style class system is still alive, well and thriving.in the UK.

GOG47:
and if the general public knew how thinly spread the actual Bobbies on the beat are they’d be horrified.

Absolutely true.
statista.com/statistics/303 … r-numbers/
About twelve thousand less Bobbies than 12 years ago.

robroy:
We all get that, but what would you do if your family had been put at risk, and your possessions turned over,.and your car was on the drive when they did a runner…knowing the facts about what will happen if you call the Old Bill.
No correlation between the law and what real people do and think.

Many years ago, someone nicked my car from its parking place. A neighbour saw it happen, told me, and I set off on my motorcycle after them. I *felt* like I wanted to kick the ****s into next week. That doesnt mean I should have the right to do such. (Assuming they weren`t twice as tough as me!)
The rule of law means that sometimes we have to temper our own (understandable) feelings.

Chasing someone running away is understandable, but still isnt right. I am not immune to feelings, but because **I** have those feelings doesnt mean they should be legalised, it means I should control them.

Franglais:

GOG47:
and if the general public knew how thinly spread the actual Bobbies on the beat are they’d be horrified.

Absolutely true.
statista.com/statistics/303 … r-numbers/
About twelve thousand less Bobbies than 12 years ago.

robroy:
No correlation between the law and what real people do and think.

Many years ago, someone nicked my car from its parking place. A neighbour saw it happen, told me, and I set off on my motorcycle after them. I *felt* like I wanted to kick the ****s into next week. That doesnt mean I should have the right to do such. (Assuming they weren`t twice as tough as me!)
The rule of law means that sometimes we have to temper our own (understandable) feelings.

Chasing someone running away is understandable, but still isnt right. I am not immune to feelings, but because **I** have those feelings doesnt mean they should be legalised, it means I should control them.

Well Frangers mate, once again it just shows how polar opposite we are.
I’m all for abiding by the law, and on the whole I do.
But…
If I see something as being ■■■■ absolutely ridiculous and/or against my principles, rightly or wrongly I’ll bend it, and take the consequences IF caught,… but after going through serious arse covering exercises.
A bit like,.dare I say it :blush: …‘Covid’ and being told to be a prisoner in ny own home at Xmas 20. :wink:

(btw…out of curiousity, did you catch them or abort the whole thing?)

If I caught some little scrote in my house,.especially if my wife was there, I would not be able to hold back until I injured the little ■■■■, law or no law.

robroy:
(btw…out of curiousity, did you catch them or abort the whole thing?)

Not surprisingly they were well out of sight when I started chasing. Car was found in a pub car-park, with the (Walnut) dash taken out a few days later.

robroy:
If I caught some little scrote in my house,.especially if my wife was there, I would not be able to hold back until I injured the little [zb], law or no law.

I do understand that. In the heat of the moment, I might do the same.
If I did, I would expect to be punished for it too.

And not cry too much if it happened like that.

Wow we agree on something at last. :laughing:

Don’t leave your DNA on the bodies.
Don’t leave your DNA at the scene.
Don’t wait for the police to arrive.

I get that the householder probably shouldn’t have given chase (he did kind of admit the “red mist” came down) but th point I’m really trying to get across is the sentencing was totally the wrong way round
The householder was a hard working guy who’d never had any dealings with the police, the other two were a pair of low life scum, the kind who serve no useful purpose in society and yet, as usual (probably with the help of legal aid while the householder had to spend his life savings on a barrister) they get the soft sentence
The whole thing makes me seeth

ROG:
The farmer who shot 2 intruders when they were running away

The woman who killed the paedo who abused all 3 of her sons

To me morally right but the law said wrong

The farmer made one mistake, after shooting at the intruders in the dark. He shot one of the scumbags at point-blank distance, and left him there overnight. That got him convicted. He should have either called an ambulance (and a laywer), or get rid of the body. You have to have a plan.

On one of these 'Cops v Robbers shows.

A jewellers got raided by a moped gang (all caught on CCTV) the shop owner chased after them with a baseball bat.

When the police saw the footage, the owner ended up getting a caution for having an offensive weapon - go figure!

The culprits were never caught :open_mouth:

Householder should have been done with a traffic offence with a max suspended sentence

Scroats should have got jail time

Torts - but for the fact that the 2 burgled the house …

the guy was found guilty of causing gbh by dangerous driving its only by luck he didnt run over some pedestrian or cyclist whilst chasing the thieves

i feel like the two lads that did the robbery should have also gone to prison, that seems too lenient