24hr Parcel people

Just turned it over to find a woman describing her Laura Ashley picture frame, EH

No wonder they couldn’t keep up with the competition, sorting parcels at their hub by hand?!? It looks a complete shambles in that place.

What channel?

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … cel-people

Just watched it on Iplayer, what a load of ■■■■. Not much in it about the industry, mostly customers/businesses.

bobdebouwer:
Just watched it on Iplayer, what a load of [zb]. Not much in it about the industry, mostly customers/businesses.

wont bother then even though i’m board

Not what I was expecting. It does seem their downfall was lack of investment in technology. Looks like they tried to save things but it was too little too late - the advantage the compettion must have had over them would have been huge. With people wanting everything tracked and monitored 24/7 now, why would you use a company lacking so much in technology?

watched it today, it appears even the management at city link did know anything until it appeared on the news.
That’s the way a lot of these investment companies seem to work. :laughing: :laughing:

I liked the flashy cars, job must have paid well for drivers to afford Bentley & mercs, wish I could afford a nice car too.

multi-drop can pay well the lad with the Bentley :grimacing: was probably a subbie he said he was owed £6k which at christmas is probably a months wages

Downside to the job is you have to have someone cover your route if you go off sick or on holiday otherwise they sting you up.

I did a stint for fedx a couple of years ago and there was a subbie who hadn’t had a holiday for 8 years :angry: