24 microwave

My newish truck doesn’t have a cow bell to plug microwave into so I’m going to run it direct from batterys of jump lead clips. Am I right on thinking I put red to one battery and black to other? It is 24v microwave

i would put the earth to the chassis or back of cab similar to jump starting modern cars.

You would be correct, connect it to the same terminals that the main leads connect to, not the connecting lead, or as Mr Slicker said, connect the black to the chassis, but you will need a good earthing point, not on paint

My Actros has got one ‘plumbed in’ from the factory and when it gets replaced, i’m gonna ‘un-plum’ it :laughing: :laughing: Didn’t realise they were so expensive compared to the ‘all singing all dancing’ domestic ones :open_mouth: Seeing as i don’t do ‘regular’ nights out i thought it was wasted on me till i got caught in last years snow…in the garage, bought a packet of bacon, loaf of bread and a 2 pint of finest semi skimmed and sat in the jams knocking up bacon sarnies and milky coffee (that liquid stuff!!) all night…the faces of some bods sat in the queue watching me fill me face…priceless :sunglasses:

Actrosman:
…the faces of some bods sat in the queue watching me fill me face…priceless :sunglasses:

No wonder car drivers hate us all :smiley:

On the Volvo I had I ran the cables out to the batteries and connected them permanently,with an Anderson plug and socket just behind the cab to disconnect it when the cab had to be tilted.

On my new Actros I fitted the microwave in the middle locker above the windscreen and ran the cables down behind the door pillar trim and connected them to the main terminals in the passenger footwell that feed the fusebox.

I did witness a dutch driver the other day that had a microwave in his driver’s side locker,he pulled out a long pair of cables and connected them to his batteries.But I wouldn’t fancy having to do that every time.

Lycanthrope:

Actrosman:
…the faces of some bods sat in the queue watching me fill me face…priceless :sunglasses:

No wonder car drivers hate us all :smiley:

To be fair,it wasn’t only car drivers but also ‘less fortunate’ truckers on the supermarkets ets!! If they’d have asked nicely, i would have made 'em one! i did give a lift to a guy from Cheively (sp) when it was cold, was telling me that he’d just come back from France where his Longliner had ‘apparently’ gone up in smoke due to a faulty night heater…think he said he was from somewhere/based ‘Dutch’…explained why his hands were covered in bandages and his face was a bit flush! IIRC he was going to N/E to have some time at home with family whilst Scania sorted out another truck. Dropped him at j11 M6 and before we parted company, i made him 2 big cups of coffee (in the 1 litre coke cups) and he wandered off into the night! He was a short, stocky fella, middle aged with glasses and (thinks) short, grey hair. Any of u lot know him??