24 hrs

Is this legal
If i start work at 0600 and show 15 mins other work daily checks then
4 1/2 drive 45 break 4 1/2 drive 45 break 1hr drive then 15mins to do my paperwork and finish at 1800 so in total i have done max 10 hrs drive and 12 hrs in total counting the break time can i have 9 0ff and start at 0300 next morning or will this mean i would of drove more than 10hrs in 24hrs or as it would only be 21hrs when i start again

Legal as far as I’m concerned.

There is nothing in the EU regulation that limits driving time in a 24 hour period. The EU rules talk about the ‘daily driving period’ which starts and ends with daily or weekly rest periods.

For example you start work Monday at 06:00 following a weekly rest period. You finish work at 16:00 and take 11 hours off which gets us to 03:00 Tuesday morning. You may now start work / driving again as you have had a legal daily rest that is 11 hours within the 24 hours from when you ended the last rest period. You could have reduced the daily rest down to 9 hours and started at 01:00 Tuesday without a problem.

geebee45:
Legal as far as I’m concerned.

There is nothing in the EU regulation that limits driving time in a 24 hour period. The EU rules talk about the ‘daily driving period’ which starts and ends with daily or weekly rest periods.

For example you start work Monday at 06:00 following a weekly rest period. You finish work at 16:00 and take 11 hours off which gets us to 03:00 Tuesday morning. You may now start work / driving again as you have had a legal daily rest that is 11 hours within the 24 hours from when you ended the last rest period. You could have reduced the daily rest down to 9 hours and started at 01:00 Tuesday without a problem.

Don’t forget, starting before 4am makes the whole shift a night shift.
That gives you a limit of 10 hours of work in that shift. Break and poa don’t count as work.
9 hours driving and 15 minutes paperwork each end is also clearly less than 10 hours work.