£225 in my account for 1 day

I started with an agency and was ltd already so invoiced them as we agreed 9ph this was my first day out ever I went there spent honestly your going to think this is terrible first garage drop I was there for 2:10hrs as so many invoices like two products on one invoice took the cages off and hand balled the drinks ■■■■ sweets etc into the place have to put my tailift up every time I go into the premises for security any I put the flaps down wrong on the tailift and got it stuck. man from office had to come out I was pretty ■■■■■■ off so I was sweating and on the go slow now :open_mouth: next few drops went well got the gear off every one happy started at 5 ended up finishing at 7 so was 14 hr day I was knakerd unloaded 6tons of gear on me tod but looked into this and must of been on time and a half as 225 is nice dosh it was a Saturday not sure if they care it takes me that long but I’m on the phone to them tomorrow :smiley: it takes as long as it takes as long as every one is safe correct?

My first day I will never forget.

So if your a arctic driver and work for an agency getting 14ph ltd on a Saturday that means you get £21 ph 15 hr day would be like £300 :open_mouth: I think I’ve found my calling in life

At the moment I’m doing paye and operating the ltd company can I do this is it like having 2 jobs

Any advice would be great.
Thanks in advance

Are you sure your figures are correct?

Who gives a flying hoot what you get a day, go and raid Korea.

I’ve all ways been self employed for so long what ever I put in is what I get so this is like wake up drive to work look at the man behind the desk with a bit of squint swaggar like a baller to my truck check it’s all good and if it’s not go back and give a deeper squint to the man behind the mdf until he tells me to go to scania to get it fixed so I’m legal no cost to me just hourly pay whilst I watch you tube videos of little Britain and bo selecta filter around in the 6 wheeler 21ton rig then hang up the keys write in the book then get my cash

WhAt more could a man want in a job

When your running your own business your doing 17hr days taking out your vehicle repairs fuel consumables etc before you pay yourself which often leaves maybe £50

Mind, you will still have to take your tax and NI out of that as your self employed and not paye.

I’m afraid I find your posts almost unreadable,have you heard of comma’s or full stops.

It’s not uncommon for payment mistakes like this to happen, £50-£150 overpaid wasn’t unusual for me. Just keep quiet and don’t tell anyone, not even your workmates. As the money has been paid to your company alas you should put it through the books without slipping the extra into your pocket & pay vat etc accordingly. Otherwise the paper trail may show a discrepancy should you be audited

What is the world coming to? I can barely understand a word of this drivel

Digit369:
So if your a arctic driver and work for an agency getting 14ph ltd on a Saturday that means you get £21 ph 15 hr day would be like £300 :open_mouth: I think I’ve found my calling in life

I wouldn’t have thought there’d be much agency work around the North Pole and to be honest i want more than that to endure the cold.

Let me get this right

You’ve agreed a rate of £9ph with an agency and did a days work consisting of 14hrs…that’s £126… yet you then mention time and a half later in your post

I was knakerd unloaded 6tons of gear on me tod but looked into this and must of been on time and a half as 225 is nice dosh

:question:

To earn that amount then your hourly rate would be £16.07, cant see an agency paying more that something that’s been agreed, unless your using your own wagon

so £225 for one day, at £9ph as you stated makes 25 hours worked! someone has their sums wrong.

GOG47:
I’m afraid I find your posts almost unreadable,have you heard of comma’s or full stops.

Was not in the cpc mate :laughing:

Thinking about it I think there’s been a mistake I will call her tomorrow at the agency and if it’s a mistake I will tell them il take it as a tip lol.

Or it’s £9ph time and half on Saturdays so would be 13.50 x 15hrs is about right plus they might be paying a bit of holiday on that too I will let you know tomorrow what she said

do you own a calculator?

Somewhere :sunglasses:

Can you count to potato?

Don’t mash his brain Contra…

It’s nice to read a chirpy post once in a while. However, I can’t help but think that your slightly rose-tinted optimism is heading for a few dents not too much further down the line. Enthuse by all means, but keep a little slice of cynicism to one side for when you need it. :wink: