21 just passed class 1. what now?

Hi fellas!!

I passed my class 1 first time last month :smiley: (took me twice in the rigid lol) and would like a bit of advice as to where i go from here, is it really going to be that hard to find a job?? I havent contacted any companys yet as im yet to to my Initial driver CPC practical test :unamused: (done my CPC theory) My old man drives for Waitrose out of Bracknell on agency on his days off from working at Heathrow so he has informed the agency and they are sending me a pack out. I have driven for a living since i was 18 driving a 6 meter flatbed van delivering building plastics to sites and depots up till now and have had as much experience out on the road as much as i can for anyone my age. I have been around trucks mostly in my younger days with my dad running his own unit before going bust. All advice hints and tips are very much welcome :grimacing: Cheers, George.

i take it ur free and single if so then get ur sel over to ireland pleanty of driving jobs there as long as ur willing to work

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome FarnboroughBoy11 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

:smiley: :smiley:

FarnboroughBoy11:
im yet to to my Initial driver CPC practical test

MODULE 4 - read all about it !!

FarnboroughBoy11:
is it really going to be that hard to find a job??

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
However, many newbies on this site have recently secured permanent full time employment :smiley:
A read of THIS POST may also be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Thanks for the warm welcome ROG i’ll get on those links asap :grimacing:

Farmer - well ive got a bird but those paddys are nutters!!! lol :smiling_imp:

welcome FarnboroughBoy11 by the way i wasnt beign serious with the irish thing but best ohh luck in the job hunt keep plugin away at it and youll find some thing eventually im sure

where did you do your training and what did you think? :smiley: good luck

joedwyer1:
where did you do your training and what did you think? :smiley: good luck

cheers mate, i done my training with Newcroft training services based in Purfleet. The practical training was good i really enjoyed it, Especially taking it through Grays town centre!!! very tight but brillant prep for the real world. I was in an old 6 legger sainsburys unit FH12. It had a clutch protector on it which i didnt really like, it wernt a problem but it was weird that it would only rev once i had clutch bite. :grimacing:

Good luck im one of the old school , yrs plus on europe and M/E work
But we all have to start somewere in my days we used to get lads who just started ASK
if they could come on a run reply no probs jump in lad were of to spain dont wake me
till we get to spanish border.thats how a lot of lads learnt then dont be afraid to ask
dont give drivers ■■■■■■■■ because it will bite you in the arse.
Good luck in the Industry Today keep banging on at agencys and firms

Danny fleetclean

Hi FarnboroughBoy11,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done FarnboroughBoy11 :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations on passing your C+E…

Good luck in the search for work…

Well done mate :smiley:

thanks fellas!!! :grimacing: