20p PER KILOMETERE

I did 3129km last week, which gives me £625… By the time you take your tax off that i’m not taking home any different to what i do being paid hourly… Either way, Hourly or by the Km, you are only gonna earn as much as the bosses will let you…

7 pence a kilometer :blush: 75 k’s for every drop or collection, if its 1 box or afull load, tip and load on same bay 150 k’s ! gauranteed £290 :cry: :cry: Hence today was my last day :smiley:

Had it not been RDC work I might have given it a go, but anybody who’s done RDC’s knows how long some of them can keep you, and while your stood you are not earning.

Just to be clear it was 20p per k, nothing else.

Blunder Man:
Had it not been RDC work I might have given it a go, but anybody who’s done RDC’s knows how long some of them can keep you, and while your stood you are not earning.

Just to be clear it was 20p per k, nothing else.

the RDC bit is a very relevant factor in this thread. generally there would be pros and cons with mileage based pay but as soon as the letters RDC come into it, the list of pros begins to disappear

Lucy:
Lucy. Mileage-paid driver who would rather boil her ■■■■■■■ in oil than go back to hours. :grimacing:

I’d pay good money to see that. :blush:

Ken.

BuzzardBoy:
I did 3129km last week, which gives me £625… By the time you take your tax off that i’m not taking home any different to what i do being paid hourly… Either way, Hourly or by the Km, you are only gonna earn as much as the bosses will let you…

So when there’s the inevitable accident on the M62 and you do 2 miles in 2 hours, who is going to be better off?

If you only could speak Polish… I used to tune your CB to #29 on european frequences (Polish drivers abroad are using this channel) and when in traffic jam, I could hear all that swearing and stories, how much money they lost already due to road closures, waiting, late arrivals to destination, waiting for being tipped or loaded…

And me? I just turn the CB off and going to read my paper - I am paid per hour… :slight_smile:

Lucy:
Varies between 3000+ on a really good week down to 2400/2500 on a bad one, but the latter is usually when I’m working out of Tilbury so the M25 takes it’s toll and we get an extra bonus to compensate. We get various other bonuses for reloading/ driver assist/ strip outs as well. Works for me.

3000 per week? So on 25p per kilometer, you are doing 12 000 per week… Working six days it gives you 2000 km per day…

Something don’t work here for me…

Or you have really good bonuses, as good, as it’s not really matter how you are paid…

That was 5 years ago Orys. It’s gone up since then. And the question was “How many km do you normally do in a week?”

this [zb] came from europe - driver paid by mileage.

however its basicly good deal for the employer this times. If he has not so much work for you then u get almost nothing and he will be clear- no basic for you.

ask other foreign drivers in foreign companies, u will see the futute in British transport then. nobody should be agrred with this system. If you get money of mileage tonns then you got “occasion to brake the law” to get more, or u are on mercy of your planner.

Lucy:
That was 5 years ago Orys. It’s gone up since then. And the question was “How many km do you normally do in a week?”

I guess it’s gone much up :wink:

jan_m:
If you get money of mileage tonns then you got “occasion to brake the law” to get more, or u are on mercy of your planner.

That’s very good point. The Polish drivers used to do it a lot, and now most of them prefere to stay in national haulage, as when everybody has CB radio is much easier to avoid Polish VOSA…