2020 may day bank holiday

May day bank holiday next year has been changed to a friday for ve day celebrations so a shorter truckfest for some and a nightmare thursday for the holiday traffic

I saw this on the BBC red button news , a lady getting married is furious as invited guests to their wedding can not get the Friday off , but would have come on the Bank holiday Monday .

It’s a shame we couldn’t have both - double bubble twice in the same week! :wink:

I’m all for celebrating it.
But why cant they just make the Friday a bank.holiday.
And leave the Monday alone give us a 4 day weekend?
Although in this day and age doubt many companies would honour it give you day off anyway.
If places are open were probably be working as normal

I was looking forward to the bank holl next year being on star wars day

Just so the layman knows for the future the company don’t pay for a bank holiday the government or state do
Every day is a learning day for some people the problem is sometimes it goes in one way and comes out all muddled the other way

edd1974:
I’m all for celebrating it.
But why cant they just make the Friday a bank.holiday.
And leave the Monday alone give us a 4 day weekend?
Although in this day and age doubt many companies would honour it give you day off anyway.
If places are open were probably be working as normal

A 4 day weekend would not be possible, it’s being moved from monday the 4th to friday the 8th.
It is going to cost one calendar maker £200,000 to replace May in all of the 2020 calendars that have already been made.