2019 DAF CF7585 dash menu

Hi all I have a DAF 2019 CF85 460 with the old brown yellow lcd screen. I can push the toggle switch to enter into the menu but I can’t scroll up or down the menu to get to other sub menus (settings) etc. has anyone had a similar problem? Not sure if it’s a problem with the round toggle switch, the screen itself or the actual whole instrument cluster. Any feedback would be fantastic!!
Just putting the feelers out there for some help before I start throwing coin away which isn’t going to fix the problem. Parts aren’t cheap in Australia.

Thanks in advance.

It shouldn’t have that screen in it so that’s probably the problem. I bet someone has changed the instrument cluster at some point.

Conor:
It shouldn’t have that screen in it so that’s probably the problem. I bet someone has changed the instrument cluster at some point.

Possibly so, but it may be that the screen is correct for the Aus market?

Definately the right dash in it. Just not sure if the screen replacement itself can be done, and/or (will this fix the problem?)
A new complete dash instrument cluster $2800 here.

Again any help or feedback is appreciated.

I’d say it’s likely the toggle switch. Changed few of them. Plus it’s the cheapest place to start.
They take a fair bit of stick for what they are!

md1987:
I’d say it’s likely the toggle switch. Changed few of them. Plus it’s the cheapest place to start.
They take a fair bit of stick for what they are!

I hope so, the screen starts to fade a lot though once it gets exposed to natural light. I was hoping someone might have had a similar situation to this. But appreciate your thoughts.

Those menu toggle switches in the Dafs aren’t very sturdy, they have them in the LF’s aswell, drivers have a habbit of leaning on them and the mechanism pushes through the back.

This normally stops it from working properly, If that happens I take the whole switch unit out and push it back together, it then works until the next idiot!!!