2018 MAN night heater failed

When I switch it on the symbol stays on for about 20 seconds then starts flashing. It’s in for service this Friday but just wondering if there’s anything I can check before then? I don’t even know where the night heater unit or indeed the inlet and exhaust are to check they’re not blocked.

On a rigid truck look under the front wheel arch area. Not sure which side…but your see a metal.pipe pipe sticking out that’s the pipe. Where hot air blows out exhaust vent guess? When running it does get hot.
only sticks out a a few inches
Also there’s an air vent under each seat that’s where heat entrers the cab.
The vents can be pulled off altough they shouldn’t really be blocked up.
Don’t know if this helps your situation

edd1974:
On a rigid truck look under the front wheel arch area. Not sure which side…but your see a metal.pipe pipe sticking out that’s the pipe. Where hot air blows out exhaust vent guess? When running it does get hot.
only sticks out a a few inches
Also there’s an air vent under each seat that’s where heat entrers the cab.
The vents can be pulled off altough they shouldn’t really be blocked up.
Don’t know if this helps your situation

All TGX are in the passengers wheel arch where the steering column would be

It’s often the ignition system which fails for whatever reason.
On the old DAF’s etc it was always a lottery as to how long they’d run for before having to be fixed.

Yeah, found the exhaust in the wheel arch and fingered it [emoji15] Nothing blocking it so must be something else.
They’re not giving me any nights out this week so it’ll get sorted at the weekend when it goes for S&I.
They reckon I’ve only got a couple of weeks left before being made redundant, bloody typical it decides to break now [emoji36]

Discarded sock blocking the air intake :bulb:

If its not been used for ages it probably needs the fuel bleeding back through. Doesn’t take long, doesn’t cost a lot.

I do regular nights out and have been using it a bit recently no it’s turning cooler. I must have tried 20 or 30 times throughout yesterday with no luck. Come in this morning at 5 and switched it on while I loaded and hey presto!!! It’s working again!
Question is……do I trust it on a night out [emoji848]

nomiS36:

With only a couple of weeks to go before redundancy I’d happily do the nights out confident in the knowledge that if the night heater failed I could quite happily run the big heater all night long if I needed to. :wink:

the maoster:

nomiS36:

With only a couple of weeks to go before redundancy I’d happily do the nights out confident in the knowledge that if the night heater failed I could quite happily run the big heater all night long if I needed to. :wink:

Yes, that had occurred to me [emoji1] they’ve said they’d sooner put me up in a hotel instead of potentially pay a small fortune to repair it if I have to do anymore nights out. Fine by me [emoji16]