2017 to2021

Get ready for 4 years of road works A14 cambridge to hunttington roads.highways.gov.uk/projects/a … untingdon/

Four years!
When we run from Stoke to Stanstead, if there are any hold ups forecast, it’s only 10-15 minutes longer to go M1/M25/M11.

Joy of joys. Four years of trying to get to Felixstowe docks through all that ■■■■■■ traffic.

Had to be done sooner or later, those who don’t rely on satnav will find some alternatives that arn’t obvious.

Nothing on the plans about improving the Cambridge A14/M11 junction? hope thats not left as is.

Juddian:
Had to be done sooner or later, those who don’t rely on satnav will find some alternatives that arn’t obvious.

Nothing on the plans about improving the Cambridge A14/M11 junction? hope thats not left as is.

The Girton corkscrew(gate 31) as far as I’m aware is being taken right out, and replaced by a slip road overpass bearing to the right and rejoining the A14 before the Crem". At least that was what on the plans that I saw about 18 months ago :wink:

Make you laugh, just got about squared away at Cathorpe and now going to start messing about there, seems a bit like the Forth bridge, never finish painting it. Though as you say, long over due. I can see quite a few runs down the A17 to KL then A10 A143 through to Bury’ :wink: 12 mile shorter you know :wink:

A14 is a lovely road doesn’t need any work in my opinion…

Oh Godmanchester! :frowning:

[/quote]
I can see quite a few runs down the A17 to KL then A10 A143 through to Bury’ :wink: 12 mile shorter you know :wink:
[/quote]
Can see me using that as well. 4 bloody years of crappy traffic. Just what the A14 needed…NOT!

It actualy states the A14 will be open again…

In 2020 but, I expect it’ll over-run and what’s another year (Johnny Logan)

We have to accept the inconvenience, there’s no point in ■■■■■■■■ about. They’re gonna dig it up and we’re all gonna get stuck in it, delivery times will be missed, more nights out…yadder yadder yadder.

It needs doing. In it’s present layout the whole thing from Huntingdon to Cambridge is eventually gonna grind to a halt. The farcical Brampton Hut to Huntingdon (queue at one set of lights to queue at another set of lights) will be taken out and that’s not a bad thing.

The A17 route will obviously get busier so, expect to take even longer at Newark/Sleaford/Sutterton and KL’s roundabouts. They usually queue during the day so that will possibly get worse. But the A17/KL route is useless for people heading to London/Dartford, the best bet might be to stay on the A1 at busy times.

It’s too late now but, why didn’t they start this when they dug it all up at the Girton Corkscrew? It’s exactly what they did at the A34/M4 junction all those years ago. We spent months queueing whilst they put lights in on the roundabout only to then, dig it all up again the following year and put the flyovers in that are there now.

**** poor management thats wot it is

What the hell, fours years to dig a hole, lay foundation and tarmac, give the quote to the traveling community, a fleet of Transit vans would do it in two weeks for cash.
The earthquake in Japan, a few years ago, they built a new road in one week.
In Spain, they build new roads very quickly so why not the UK, because they will have the average speed camera and rake in a few million in fines .
Its disgusting that such a major port such as Felixstowe has limited facilities for drivers.
Ipswich the same with their go away nasty lorry don’t even think of parking here signs.

Joy. Miles of box jockeys, two abreast in narrow lanes, inches from the box in front, trying to get to the docks…

toby1234abc:
What the hell, fours years to dig a hole, lay foundation and tarmac, give the quote to the traveling community, a fleet of Transit vans would do it in two weeks for cash.
The earthquake in Japan, a few years ago, they built a new road in one week.
In Spain, they build new roads very quickly so why not the UK, because they will have the average speed camera and rake in a few million in fines .
Its disgusting that such a major port such as Felixstowe has limited facilities for drivers.
Ipswich the same with their go away nasty lorry don’t even think of parking here signs.

london gateway the same, as u go in sign says welcome lorry drivers, it should say welcome lorry drivers get your box and [zb] off , and by the way dont park round ear your [zb] off the locals

malcolmgbell:

toby1234abc:

london gateway the same, as u go in sign says welcome lorry drivers, it should say welcome lorry drivers get your box and [zb] off , and by the way dont park round ear your [zb] off the locals

Its not just London Gateway, but Thurrock council too, I’ve noticed all the laybys on the A13 A128 and the link road to Tilbury have been closed, not that used them for night stops as I like to have most of my truck one piece in the morning, but its down to Thurrock council by all accounts :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

eddie snax:

malcolmgbell:

toby1234abc:

Its not just London Gateway, but Thurrock council too, I’ve noticed all the laybys on the A13 A128 and the link road to Tilbury have been closed, not that used them for night stops as I like to have most of my truck one piece in the morning, but its down to Thurrock council by all accounts :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I would think Thurrock council got fed up with footing the bill to clear up the mess that got left in the laybys,so it’s down to us again really.

bobbya:

eddie snax:

malcolmgbell:

toby1234abc:

I would think Thurrock council got fed up with footing the bill to clear up the mess that got left in the laybys,so it’s down to us again really.

That whole area is a dive.

bobbya:

The whole place is a toilet, it hardly made any difference. :unamused:

Great how they blocked them all off then provided no alternatives. I nearly swamped my seat the other week looking for somewhere to get a quick half hour in.

A.

Adonis.:

bobbya:

The whole place is a toilet, it hardly made any difference. :unamused:

Great how they blocked them all off then provided no alternatives. I nearly swamped my seat the other week looking for somewhere to get a quick half hour in.

A.

you just don’t get it do you, quote the whole place is a toilet,provided no alternatives, why should they?

Timeline

Date Event
2010 Government cancels Ellington Fen Ditton scheme
2011/12 Detailed study of options for A14
July 2012 Government announces A14 improvement will include a toll
June 2013 Government announces fast track delivery programme
September 2013 Scheme Options consultation
December 2013 Government removes tolling from the proposal
7 April to 15 June 2014 Pre-Application consultation
December 2014 Development Consent Order application
13 May to 13 November 2016 Development Consent Order examination
11 May 2016 Secretary of State decision
March 2017 Start of works
2020 A14 open to traffic

Anyone know if those toll plans are still likely to happen? Cant see anything on the site to say otherwise.

Hammy747:
Timeline

Date Event
2010 Government cancels Ellington Fen Ditton scheme
2011/12 Detailed study of options for A14
July 2012 Government announces A14 improvement will include a toll
June 2013 Government announces fast track delivery programme
September 2013 Scheme Options consultation
December 2013 Government removes tolling from the proposal
7 April to 15 June 2014 Pre-Application consultation
December 2014 Development Consent Order application
13 May to 13 November 2016 Development Consent Order examination
11 May 2016 Secretary of State decision
March 2017 Start of works
2020 A14 open to traffic

Anyone know if those toll plans are still likely to happen? Cant see anything on the site to say otherwise.

Sorry a bit rude just to highlight that, I seem to recall there was a bit of an uproar from businesses in Suffolk and from locals saying they’d have to pay the toll to commute to work, Suffolk and Cambridge is pretty much Conservative dominated I think the government changed its mind.

bobbya:
you just don’t get it do you, quote the whole place is a toilet,provided no alternatives, why should they?

Enlighten us all then. I’m not sure what I’m not getting.

Thurrock, Grays, Tilbury and most of Essex are a complete dump, with or without litter strewn laybys. Can understand a council getting fed up cleaning up mess and the obvious danger of those laybys being so shallow and often with artics poking on to the road. Closing them isn’t the answer, making them deeper and longer and putting some bins in is. Getting rid of lorry parking doesn’t get rid of lorries and councils should IMO be providing parking.

A.