2015 Scania 26 Tonne P360 Factory sat nav issues

Has anyone else had trouble with a factory fitted Scania sat nav?

The one in our vehicle has consistently tried to take the driver over bridges he’s to heavy for, under bridges he’s to high for or through restrictions he’s to wide for.

It’s not very day but of course it shouldn’t be happening at all. For your info we only cover South east England, imagina a line from Kings Lynn to Bournemouth via Swindon.

It’s been back to Scania several times initially for a replacement and then twice more for checking. They are telling us the unit is up to date and functioning ‘correctly’ so there is nothing more they can do.

Our driver is now, not unreasonably, asking for a stand alone sat nav as the one in the truck is clearly not fit for purpose.

It does work and will often get to the address correctly but on a regular basis it fails in a big way as highlighted above and understandably neither the company nor the driver has any faith in it anymore.

Have any other Scania owners had problems or is it just us?

Despite having virtually given up I would appreciate some feedback on other drivers experience with Scania units.

Many Thanks

Alan

No experience at all of a factory-fitted unit (of any brand), but I am aware that the mapping data used by all Satnavs comes from only a couple of sources. Without wishing to enrol granny in egg-sucking lessons, is it possible that the thing is not being used correctly? i.e. are the truck weights/dimensions being entered correctly in the “Truck Attributes” settings?

If he wants a stand alone sat nav why don’t he just buy one :bulb: .

probably attributes,had the problem in hire truck we had but didn’t clear it up before we lost it.

tell him to use a map

Aurri:
tell him to use a map

+1…

It is possible to do the job without Satnav.

I’m shaking my head at the OPs apprent total reliance on gadgetry which as they’ve already stated, isn’t fit for purpose.

Turn it off .
Use a map and his brain .
Then he can call himself “oldskool” lol

yourhavingalarf:

Aurri:
tell him to use a map

+1…

I’m shaking my head at the OPs apprent total reliance on gadgetry which as they’ve already stated, isn’t fit for purpose.

It’s also possible to do the job WITH a sat nav,… but also with the sense not to totally rely on it, and let his brain kick in when he sees it aint as good as it should be, or does not tell him to do EVERY ■■■■ thing. :unamused:
(A bit like using a car sat nav in a truck, as many, with said brain, do quite successfully in fact. :bulb: )

southernsheeting:
Has anyone else had trouble with a factory fitted Scania sat nav?

The one in our vehicle has consistently tried to take the driver over bridges he’s to heavy for, under bridges he’s to high for or through restrictions he’s to wide for.

I’ve got one in my 65 plate P280 and yep they are crap!

Mine did exactly same when I first set it up with truck attributes - I say ‘did’ because after bit of research I came across advice to reduce the issue and it’s made a massive difference in mine.

It still occasionally does try and send down roads it shouldn’t but nowhere near as much as it first did. Might get maybe a couple times a month even if travelling same route!

What I did was :

1 - Delete all truck profiles

2 - Remove the SD card with maps on( ignition off!!)

3 - Ignition on then try to access Nav, let it complain no card!

4 - ignition off, put SD card back in, ignition on let it reinitialise

5 - ( CRUCIAL BIT No 1 !!) Enter ANY full destination and let it calculate the route

6 - Now go into settings and re-input truck attributes

7 - ( CRUCIAL BIT No2 !!) Enter SAME full destination as step 5 and let it recalculate

After I did all that palaver it’s been miles better, still not perfect but that’s where brains and technology work together and not rely on it fully

No idea why, or for that matter how the original person found all this fix out! But it’s helped mine?

You’ve nothing to lose trying it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robroy:

yourhavingalarf:

Aurri:
tell him to use a map

+1…

It’s also possible to do the job WITH a sat nav,… but also with the sense not to totally rely on it, and let his brain kick in when he sees it aint as good as it should be, or does not tell him to do EVERY [zb] thing. :unamused:
(A bit like using a car sat nav in a truck, as many, with said brain, do quite successfully in fact. :bulb: )

+1
Hopeless just relying on gadgetry which will invariably go wrong at some point. I use a car sat nav in conjunction with a map if im on an unfamiliar route, works just fine…

dcgpx many thanks for your reply and we’ll certainly try your SD card trick and see if things improve.

Regards

Alan

AndrewG:
Hopeless just relying on gadgetry which will invariably go wrong at some point. I use a car sat nav in conjunction with a map if im on an unfamiliar route, works just fine…

Works just fine until it “invariably” goes wrong…

Mind you, I’ve been using the things for about 12 years and never had one fail on me yet :wink:

Roymondo:

AndrewG:

Works just fine until it “invariably” goes wrong

The map will never break… :wink: