2014-2018 Volvo FH 6x4 Opinions

Hi All,
Im looking at a new shape Volvo(you have had them since 2012 we got them in 2014)
The ones im looking at are between 850,000-1,100,000kms. It will be travelling short distances once a week doing max 10,000kms a year.

Has anyone had any with those sort of kms? Any major issues? the old shape does 1.6-1.8mill no problem in Australia but unsure on the new version.

Theres a cheap 460HP one but im really after 540 or 600HP. Whats involved with bumping up the HP? is it the same engine?

Will the 16LT do more kms than the 13LT generally speaking?

Cheers,
Nick

Depending on what weight you’re pulling plus if only on Road for short time it makes no difference
If heavy load big engine less on fuel always

460 to 540 is only an Ecu upgrade using vemis, or one of the chip companys, The 16L is 600 to 750.
16L at 600hp isn’t very stressed. Bigger is always better, The 16L does like fuel tho, so gentle with the right foot… POWER.

biggriffin:
460 to 540 is only an Ecu upgrade using vemis, or one of the chip companys, The 16L is 600 to 750.
16L at 600hp isn’t very stressed. Bigger is always better, The 16L does like fuel tho, so gentle with the right foot… POWER.

So the injectors and turbo ect are all identical?
Im hoping to find a 16lt but they are a significant increase in price.

bowers340:

biggriffin:

So the injectors and turbo ect are all identical?
Im hoping to find a 16lt but they are a significant increase in price.

Basically yes.

biggriffin:
460 to 540 is only an Ecu upgrade using vemis, or one
of the chip companys, The 16L is 600 to 750.

Volvo Australia will not change engine power ratings which is a pain in the ■■■.

bowers340:

biggriffin:
460 to 540 is only an Ecu upgrade using vemis, or one
of the chip companys, The 16L is 600 to 750.

Volvo Australia will not change engine power ratings which is a pain in the ■■■.

Then you need to find a company that “chips” it for you, trucktuneaustralia.com.au/

ended up buying a fh600

Are non globetrotter cabs ‘down there’ common? Hardly ever see them ‘up here’.
Looks good though [emoji1360]

nomiS36:
Are non globetrotter cabs ‘down there’ common? Hardly ever see them ‘up here’.
Looks good though [emoji1360]

They are about 50/50 I was specifically looking for a non globe trotter as they are too big for local work.

So in your massive country you need smaller cans and in our tiny country we can get away with full sized cabs [emoji23]
I have no evidence but from my observations it’s about 99 to 1 in favor of globetrotters here.
Last one I noticed was in chesterfield truck stop and was done up like a ‘70’s Middle East runner, roof rack n all.

Haha the guys doing interstate love the globetrotters but I do a lot of off the beaten track sort of thing with a lot of low trees. It’s a lot bigger than my previous low roof Stralis

Anyone ever put a rear window in a Series 4 FH?

bowers340:
Anyone ever put a rear window in a Series 4 FH?

Any decent plant machinery glazers should be able to do it, …

We use to fit sunroofs, by drawing round the template with a felt tip, cut it out with a jigsaw, if it’s a bit sloppy, lots of silicone sealant…