2013 Actros Bulbs

Can anyone tell me the correct bulb for the side indicator, thought I’d replaced like for like but bulb appears brighter than nearside and also does not flash when signalling, unlike opposite side which appears dimmer and does flash.

It’s a stop/tail bulb you need for the side indicator on an actros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And make sure you’ve got a spare for the spare spare, as within a month, you’ll be outta spares! Wait till it starts popping tail lights…you’ll need more spares than the spare spares bulb factory can spare…bloody things!

Actrosman:
And make sure you’ve got a spare for the spare spare, as within a month, you’ll be outta spares! Wait till it starts popping tail lights…you’ll need more spares than the spare spares bulb factory can spare…bloody things!

Pretty sure the tail lights are LED

Les Shoes:

Actrosman:

Pretty sure the tail lights are LED

Tail lights are LED on the new actros but for some reason the number plate light and reverse lights are not. Old fashioned bulbs for them. Actros I used to drive normally needed a headlight bulb changing about once a week!!

damoq:
Tail lights are LED on the new actros but for some reason the number plate light and reverse lights are not. Old fashioned bulbs for them. Actros I used to drive normally needed a headlight bulb changing about once a week!!

Mine’s had 1 new headlight bulb since January, nothing else. I guess I’m lucky!
I was told that leaving the headlights on when you plug your susies in or out can make them blow but I don’t know how much truth there is in that.

Looks like I have the right bulb, but when lights are on it obviously acts as a side marker light and when indicating can’t see it flashing but nearside there is a distinctive difference

daz1972:
Looks like I have the right bulb, but when lights are on it obviously acts as a side marker light and when indicating can’t see it flashing but nearside there is a distinctive difference

If you’ve definitely got the correct bulb (maybe take the one out from the other side and compare) and it’s in correctly but still not working then you might have to get a workshop to have a look at it for you.

I’ll give em a swap on Mon see if there is still a difference, was working fine then bulb went in offside so changed it since I changed it it’s brighter and can hardly see a flash when indicating

Would love to meet and give a slap to the German designer who changed the bulb replacement design!
Old MP3 you changed the build by inserting the long Allen key turned till free swing out and change bulb , re tightening in reverse,
New MP4 is about six screws to do the same thing ,
Also to change a suizie was reasonable easy on the old It was flush against the A frame now it’s reccided in and your luck to get half a turn with a spanner!!

daz1972:
I’ll give em a swap on Mon see if there is still a difference, was working fine then bulb went in offside so changed it since I changed it it’s brighter and can hardly see a flash when indicating

It sounds like you’ve got the wrong bulb in it. Check to see if the bulb has got 2 elements inside it. I’ve seen a single element bulb with the twin contacts on the base being forced into the bulb holder before by someone thinking it was the right one. This will give the symptoms you describe.

I’ll check on Mon, definitely has two contacts on the bottom

Fallmonk:
Would love to meet and give a slap to the German designer who changed the bulb replacement design!
Old MP3 you changed the build by inserting the long Allen key turned till free swing out and change bulb , re tightening in reverse,
Also to change a suizie was reasonable easy on the old It was flush against the A frame now it’s reccided in and your luck to get half a turn with a spanner!!

+1 changed headlight bulb on my MP4 the other day,2 different size torx head and 1 Philips screwdriver to swing headlight out to change bulb

Uncleskid:

Fallmonk:

+1 changed headlight bulb on my MP4 the other day,2 different size torx head and 1 Philips screwdriver to swing headlight out to change bulb

Used to be one torx head to do the lot since when have they changed it . No I remember now 2 torx heads but no screwdriver.

If you have managed to fit the bulb incorrectly the side light part of the bulb will flash as the indicator. The side light is 6w and the indicator 24w ( original Mercedes rating) if I remember correctly. You will not see it flash because the side light will now be the brighter bulb. When you look at the bottom of the bulb the locating pins are offset, this should locate the bulb correctly. If you fit the wrong rated bulb usually the dash will keep telling you that you have a bulb failure.

Cheers for that, going to have a good look in the morning

Double double bulb with staggered lugs. This bulb i could only ever get from merc. The other brands look the same lugs are not staggered