2007 Daf LF 55.250 with palfinger crane

Hi all.Hoping someone can help.i have a 2007 Daf LF 55.250 with a palfinger crane in the workshop.The customer has reported that when the PTO is engaged the revs don’t rise it just idles and also the cruise control does not work.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.

I’m certainly no expert but if the cruise and the adjustment for the increase idle operated off the same stalk I’d be checking the fuses (cheapest option first) and then taking a serious look at the stalk.

exhaust brake :question:

Buttons on the wheel on a LF aren’t they?

Hi.Yes buttons are on the steering wheel on this LF.its not the stalk type.

Maybe the switch on the clutch pedal that cuts off the cruise control is sticking. Or what about the brake light switch on the brake pedal. I know in volvos the brake pedal needs to be pressed after the engine is started before the cruise control will work. Could be a similar safety feature in the DAF too?

Did you find what the problem was ? i have exactly the same issue at the minute

Regards

Sidewaysandyg:
Did you find what the problem was ? i have exactly the same issue at the minute

Regards

I bet you he didn’t, the customer is now in your shop.

Ha ha ha … it’s possible !!

Check things like brake lights are working ,as previously said things like the clutch and bake would be a switch off condition…Has the crane always been on the vehicle ■■? And is the PTO a DAF fitment ■■? Just thinking, if it is aftermarket you may not have the PTO software in the VIC ecu…

Apparently , the crane is meant to run at tickover , according to Palfinger the crane has a hi flow pump on it and doesn’t like revs … hence they disable the cruise control in the ecu so you can’t rev it !!

Not 100% convinced but can’t find any faults on the vehicle