20’+ 40’ containers together

Today whilst trundling up the A130 in Essex my eye was caught by a burgundy Topline going the other way with beackns going.

Bit weird for a box jockey but I’m 99% positive he had a 20’ and a 40’ box on.

There was definately axles in the middle, not sure if it was a combi trailer or a b double or what.

Couldn’t say if it was UK reg or not. Anyone else seen it or similar?

Sounds illegal to me my understanding of STGO loads is that they have to be indivisible loads. A 40 and a 20 are most certainly divisible.

Yes totally so. Just wondered if anyone else had seen it or knew anything about it. Wish i knew how to intercept my hard drive dvr to have another look

Seen similar in France.

Several videos and photos of it on facebook. The same 2 containers on it in every one. Some sort of trial perhaps, though nobody seems to know anything about it. It’s a 20ft container artic trailer and a 40ft drawbar/dolly converter one. If anyone can access Professional HGV Drivers UK facebook page, it’s on there.

Carryfast trailing a B double? :laughing:

trucken:
Several videos and photos of it on facebook. The same 2 containers on it in every one. Some sort of trial perhaps, though nobody seems to know anything about it. It’s a 20ft container artic trailer and a 40ft drawbar/dolly converter one. If anyone can access Professional HGV Drivers UK facebook page, it’s on there.

Thanks, I’ll try and have a look. Good to know I wasn’t hallucinating

Star down under.:

No way of legally carrying a 20’ + 40’ container within current UK overall length limits to my knowledge.

Star down under.:

Don’t get him started again on these, we will never hear the end of it.