''2 years experience needed''!

dcgpx:

Digit369:
My plan is

Find anything
Do 6mth to a year train class 1
Pass class one and edge in to employment
Get the 2 years ex and get on agency as ltd
I really want to do arctics but just want to get that experience in a bigger vehicle first

First off - Find anything will not help you get LGV work. When I started looking I got offered tons of van work which I refused. Minimum was 7.5t and even that I picked as suited me.

And don’t take this wrong way but given some of your thread contents and such if I was an employer and saw those I’d be extremely nervous putting you in a car based van let alone anything above 7.5t especially if it has gears!

Whatever you do, do NOT mention your phobia of gears at an interview or they’ll just say there’s the door thank you.

You’ve mentioned seniors as if they are a disease ready to peg it and voila there’s a job opening lol . They’ve earned it as we all have/will by going through the learning pain barrier.

I really can’t help but feel LGV work isn’t for you, sorry but it’s crystal to me it’s not your thing, hope you find something but once your out there on your own I think you’ll reconsider your vocational choice

Well at least I’m honest about it I’m talking about my experience that’s why it’s a new and wannabe forum. Maybe you should look in the professional forum. And I’ve had 24hrs behind the wheel so any employer would not want me then I would understand as I’m not experienced. What I mean by take anything is anything from 7.5 as also this is trucknet not van net it’s making steps mate isn’t it the lovely gears which I have a great passion for :laughing: will come to me just need practice. And one last thing nothing wrong with the seniors jus saying I don’t see much young drivers out on the road actually never by saying this I’m putting my point that company’s preference more experienced drivers. So is there a chance for younger drivers. One day yes as more retire and newbs dribble through that 7 exam test :grimacing: shortage will make employers take us on but I think it’s a little way off yet.

‘‘Find anything
Do 6mth to a year train class 1
Pass class one and edge in to employment
Get the 2 years ex and get on agency as ltd
I really want to do arctics but just want to get that experience in a bigger vehicle first’’

I’ve followed a similar path. After I got my class 2, I got a job at Reynolds multi-drop and soon realised that no job add is as good as it seems. They pay you for 10 hours and expect you to work 14. Sorry but that’s exploitation. So I packed that in and looking at smaller firms now until I get my Class 1 sorted. Had an email response today from a timer merchants saying they will keep me on file so that’s something. Signed with three agencies and haven’t had anything yet, again because of lack of experience for insurance purposes. The thing is, newly qualified drivers are familiar with all the rules and regs and are less likely to have picked up bad habits. It’s frustrating but eventually something will fall into place.

Digit369:
… any way I sent my cv into a place that delivers car parts in a little van

Digit369:
What I mean by take anything is anything from 7.5 as also this is trucknet not van net it’s making steps mate isn’t it

That’s not what you said .

Wish you luck, I do and I wasn’t taking a pop. Your 24hrs isn’t experience it was training.

On your CV you need to be creative you really do and at interview wing it like every other interviewee does

Digit369

I have read your various posts and sometimes cant make out if you are just really passionate and enthusiastic,or just lost in your own mind.

When I was 26,i knew I was young and naïve.(re; your comments regarding ‘senior’ drivers??). DCGPX has hit the nail on the head. LGV driving is not for you. I also noticed that you contributed to a thread I posted regarding customer complaints that I have rec’d during the last 12 months of 18 tonne driving. Considering the fact that I was asking if any other muti-drop class 2 drivers have experienced the same issues(one of whom has,and it turns out works at one of our 14 UK depots),I don’t understand why you claim ‘I am a ticking time bomb’ etc.

The thread was aimed at other professionals who have had a similar experience. You are not and have not.

Might be an idea to ask and learn,instead of delivering character asassinations. That way you don’t end up sounding like a complete ■■■. With respect.

This is slowly hitting me, I am becoming worried about a job, once I have completed my cpc I will be applying… The only thing is, I am 24(I also have a degree but it’s useless hence going into driving! Wish I did this in the first place now), meaning I have 0 experience. Been told there are jobs, but you need experience, this really annoys me!

Probably will have to go with a agency straight away, drive a van, and keep applying.

iHarry:
This is slowly hitting me, I am becoming worried about a job, once I have completed my cpc I will be applying… The only thing is, I am 24(I also have a degree but it’s useless hence going into driving! Wish I did this in the first place now), meaning I have 0 experience. Been told there are jobs, but you need experience, this really annoys me!

Probably will have to go with a agency straight away, drive a van, and keep applying.

We all come from different backgrounds, some driving related others not. I’m looking for work and just find that applying for anything is the best way, if you can get someones email address at a company, or even better get to speak to someone, then you have a contact point even if on first application you get turned down. The other opinion I see on here is to personally visit places, which I think is worth a shot too. It aint easy but nothing in life ever is. Keep going!

I would say you should find the agency which will give you a job without the assessment required and make your job the best ever.

Wilk:
I would say you should find the agency which will give you a job without the assessment required and make your job the best ever.

Nearly every agency does some sort of assessment usually on tacho hours and basic road craft , I assume you mean a driving one in which case very few do.

Jobs are out there, agency and permanent but like everything in life you have to go chase, they won’t land on your door through wishful thinking .

Go on the hunt !

eagerbeaver:
Digit369

I have read your various posts and sometimes cant make out if you are just really passionate and enthusiastic,or just lost in your own mind.

When I was 26,i knew I was young and naïve.(re; your comments regarding ‘senior’ drivers??). DCGPX has hit the nail on the head. LGV driving is not for you. I also noticed that you contributed to a thread I posted regarding customer complaints that I have rec’d during the last 12 months of 18 tonne driving. Considering the fact that I was asking if any other muti-drop class 2 drivers have experienced the same issues(one of whom has,and it turns out works at one of our 14 UK depots),I don’t understand why you claim ‘I am a ticking time bomb’ etc.

The thread was aimed at other professionals who have had a similar experience. You are not and have not.

Might be an idea to ask and learn,instead of delivering character asassinations. That way you don’t end up sounding like a complete ■■■. With respect.

Can’t change gears without becoming a danger but feels sufficently qualified to comment on other peoples driving :unamused:
Im wondering if he is even old enough to drive,or even be of leaving school age. Some of the things he has said have had me wondering

Not keen on the cold…but love the snowman lol.

eagerbeaver:
Not keen on the cold…but love the snowman lol.

+1

We all have opinions but most of them are based on experience , without experience it is usually best to sit back and take note . :wink:

Now now don’t mock the afflicted [emoji1]

He’s got a van interview !

It’s a step up as he puts from from his …( fill in the blank)

I really should stop it but it’s been one of those days, wrong turns, having to U turn, with gears , narrow streets and cars everywhere. My how I coped and not an automatic in sight!

■■■■ need to stop it !

Do you reckon the pic on his posts are ‘selfies’?

eagerbeaver:

Oh dear!!

Just wish that there was a like button :smiley:

Gillberry:
Just wish that there was a like button :smiley:

There is just go to listing

Ask digit. I am sure he will know.

Maybe you two should check in together you could really get down to the nitty gritty with your DIGIT

Seeing as it’s all yaw talking bout

LMAO

premierinn.com

No time for haters :grimacing:

dcgpx:

eagerbeaver:

Oh dear!!

Yes it is me I’m geniun selfie

You two make me feel like the katy Hopkins of trucknet :cry:

dcgpx:
Now now don’t mock the afflicted [emoji1]

He’s got a van interview !

It’s a step up as he puts from from his …( fill in the blank)

I really should stop it but it’s been one of those days, wrong turns, having to U turn, with gears , narrow streets and cars everywhere. My how I coped and not an automatic in sight!

■■■■ need to stop it !

At mo lads got no work I got 3 kids and a expensive missus lol rent and stuff so van job is better than nothing it brings in a few bob and it’s better to go to a lgv job interview allready employed than turn up unemployed it just looks better also got flu at mo say lay off lol

I’m 26 and have a love for comedy beats being boring would ye not agree :sunglasses: