2 years experence crap

You now need it for driving vans :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: for insurance reasons

mickyblue:
You now need it for driving vans :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: for insurance reasons

What a joke! Surely a assessment would sort the men from the boys?

Nope but it depends on insurance company mine states 1 yr

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Some also say over 25 as mine did

But they now want you to have the driving experience not just have held licence

I once went for an interview and the owner of the company said itā€™s all nonsense, he said; ā€œwhen these companies tell you that you need x amount of experience or period of license held etc, theyā€™re talking minceā€ā€¦ and that was me exchanging it for want of a better word.

Sorry Sam but when I had my comp the insurance said all drivers had to be over 25 simple

animal:
Sorry Sam but when I had my comp the insurance said all drivers had to be over 25 simple

Sam didnt say anything about age. He said about experience and period licence held

Yes and animal has answered him looked at my policy last night and it says 1 years driving experience and no one under 25. And at 2k per veihcle minimum for hire and reward it ainā€™t cheep

I did two days on class 1 for a guy. On the third day he said, ā€œMy insurance company are charging me Ā£67 a week cos you have just passed your test. I will have to knock Ā£2 an hour off your payā€. As I said, 'I did two daysā€¦ :slight_smile:

Suppose it boils down to which insurance company you use.

Sam Millar:
I once went for an interview and the owner of the company said itā€™s all nonsense, he said; ā€œwhen these companies tell you that you need x amount of experience or period of license held etc, theyā€™re talking minceā€ā€¦ and that was me exchanging it for want of a better word.

Yes, ours has never had any restrictions on period licence held but always has in age as long as I can remember. Originally was 23 then went to 25 and I think they suggested that if we went to 29 the premium would come down another big chunk.

alix776:
Yes and animal has answered him looked at my policy last night and it says 1 years driving experience and no one under 25. And at 2k per veihcle minimum for hire and reward it ainā€™t cheep

Unless it says specifically for that category then it shouldnā€™t make any difference if says something like ā€˜full UK driving licenceā€™ itā€™s only referring to car licence.

Yes it does for me to put someone on my commercial insurance must be 25 and held a licence for 1 year

Own Account Driver:

alix776:

Unless it says specifically for that category then it shouldnā€™t make any difference if says something like ā€˜full UK driving licenceā€™ itā€™s only referring to car licence.

Sorry cant remember all of what mine said but know they had to be over 25 with full licence

alix776:
Yes it does for me to put someone on my commercial insurance must be 25 and held a licence for 1 year

It sounds like itā€™s some sort of policy with named drivers which is unusual. Most companies (certainly large ones) will just say anyone holding the correct licence for the vehicle above a certain age with the policyholders permission they wonā€™t have to actually put drivers on the insurance only vehicles.