2 vancancies at Bury point with

…with DHL Morrisons north Manchester. Speak to Dan at 24-7 recruitment in Wrexham. Induction is on Monday the 11th at 8am

And the money ain’t bad …its class 2 .and you ain’t rushed …its going to morrisons extra stores ,food banks ,deliveroo.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

rearaxle:
And the money ain’t bad …its class 2 .and you ain’t rushed …its going to morrisons extra stores ,food banks ,deliveroo.

Indeed,I have done similar years ago

This is where I’ve been working for the last 15months.

Any questions, fire away.

PS- they need more than 2 drivers. Trying to get 150 on the books apparently now with Wakefield depot slowing down.

Plenty of agency drivers have been offered permanent contracts after 13 weeks

I’ve heard mixed things about this site.

I worked there when it was Morrisons Local’s under Wincanton. Work was alright but ruined by the petty rules & office staff falling over themselves to create mountains out of mole hills to justify their jobs. Wasn’t my scene.

DHL moved in, few lads I knew where still there doing Martin McColl stores in housing estates, shifts all over the shop, hanging about for loads… again not good even though the money improved.

Has the place got its act together and are the office staff more tolerable now?

Muddy K:

PS- they need more than 2 drivers. Trying to get 150 on the books apparently now with Wakefield depot slowing down.

Weren’t Morrisons talking about closing alot of their stores? Is staff retention bad there?

rob22888:
I’ve heard mixed things about this site.

I worked there when it was Morrisons Local’s under Wincanton. Work was alright but ruined by the petty rules & office staff falling over themselves to create mountains out of mole hills to justify their jobs. Wasn’t my scene.

DHL moved in, few lads I knew where still there doing Martin McColl stores in housing estates, shifts all over the shop, hanging about for loads… again not good even though the money improved.

Has the place got its act together and are the office staff more tolerable now?

Not much has changed then I suppose. It has improved, but there is some of what you’ve experienced still there. Hanging about in canteen still happens, but not on the scale that we had last year.

They are currently trialing an afternoon shift, so some drivers start earlys and some start around 1pm. It seems to be going well and maybe resulted in less waiting around for wagon to get loaded.

Still get shafted with a double run once a week. Had mine today on my first day back. 1st run 4hrs, 2hrs sat in canteen, 2nd run 8hr 50mins. Drained, exhausted with the heat (no working AC in cab). 15hr day.

Can’t complain too much though, I’ve had plenty of days where am done in 7hours on a single trip.

Overall, it is improving. Just slowly. Pays pretty well though. I did a fair bit of overtime last year, made 45k+. This year I cba

K27:

Muddy K:

Weren’t Morrisons talking about closing alot of their stores? Is staff retention bad there?

Very rarely we will deliver to an actual Morrisons superstore. It’s Morrisons Dailys, petrol stations, food banks and Martins. They seem to be busy.

Staff retention - It used to be an issue. Loads of sitting around in canteen, then leaving yard 3hours into your day. Double runs etc. 15hour days. Doesn’t happen often anymore. Last year pay went up, this year pay increase was only 2%. I think a few drivers are looking to jump ship as soon as something paying better turns up. However 40k for class 2, most are happy with it.

Got quite a few new drivers now with them needing more, but they filter out and you get left with a few who don’t mind some cage work.

Muddy K:

K27:

Muddy K:

Very rarely we will deliver to an actual Morrisons superstore. It’s Morrisons Dailys, petrol stations, food banks and Martins. They seem to be busy.

Staff retention - It used to be an issue. Loads of sitting around in canteen, then leaving yard 3hours into your day. Double runs etc. 15hour days. Doesn’t happen often anymore. Last year pay went up, this year pay increase was only 2%. I think a few drivers are looking to jump ship as soon as something paying better turns up. However 40k for class 2, most are happy with it.

Got quite a few new drivers now with them needing more, but they filter out and you get left with a few who don’t mind some cage work.

I remember a few years back there was mayhem in Bridgewater, for the unitiated Morrisons Class 1 work really is/was as easy as it gets, virtually no load interaction. I remember several over 70’s who would very specifically onloy do Morrisons. Anyway they suddenly dropped a load of the McColls/BP work into Bridgewater, and tried to be all breezy with the drivers saying along the lines of “hey you lucky drivers, here’s some nice rigid work with cages for you instead of your normal, aren’t you grateful we’re giving you some variety??”

Naturally there was instant pushback and they tried to foist it on the agency drivers. Who were similarly unenthusiastic, I remember at one point they were paying £150 “bonus” per shift to get them to do the rigid work.

Morrisons class 1 drivers make Maritime trucks look rapid :laughing:
Plodding around at 47/48 seems a regular sight. Nothing like dragging the shift out. Can’t fault them, must be decent rate if class 2 is 40k!

ATJT, talking of Morrisons RDC in Bridgwater, do you remember the catering van at the check in parking area, he used to do exotic meat from Africa in the burgers from zebra, buffalo,girafe, impala, wildebeest, crocodile and ostrich burgers.

md1987, the ones plodding about at 47 mph may have their trucks limited to 50 mph on the speed limiters to save fuel.

Class 1 Morrisons are indeed limited to 50mph. Operated directly by Morrisons I believe.

Our site is ran by DHL, but Morrisons own the yard and wagons.

Class 2 pays better than class 1 because of the manual labour involved with the cage work. I think DHL class 1 is around 34k.

Muddy K:
Class 1 Morrisons are indeed limited to 50mph. Operated directly by Morrisons I believe.

Class 2 pays better than class 1 because of the manual labour involved with the cage work. I think DHL class 1 is around 34k.

What kind of rota/hours would that be?

Muddy K:

ah right thanks for the info

the nodding donkey:

Muddy K:

What kind of rota/hours would that be?

42.5 hours last time I seen. Probably Mon-Fri. However it all depends on which contract you are on. Class 1 urban pub deliveries will be totally different to say the JLR contract.

Different sites/different pay structures. But some similarities in there, for example x1.25.when your over your contracted hours, x1.33 overtime on your days off, x1.5 bank holidays. Pension will probably be the same across the board for DHL (3%/6% or 4%/8%)

Bone Shaker:
md1987, the ones plodding about at 47 mph may have their trucks limited to 50 mph on the speed limiters to save fuel.

Some of them may have but not all, some can crack on. Tesco are the same. Most plod around and who can blame them on that money. But the trucks will go faster.

worked there 3 years and it got progressively worse

trying to move a cage full of drinks, milk and groceries down cobbled streets, down steep ramps or worst still pushing them up ramps.

so many are way too heavy for one man and the office’s answer is split the load into an empty cage then. they shouldnt be loaded so heavily in the first place. i ended up with numerous joint pains from trying to make sure i didnt lose the cage whilst pushing it up a ramp.

it will be long hours - they will try to extract as much as they can. this was the issue with retention at that site. they just couldnt keep the new guys who realised the graft wasnt worth it. the office just wasnt willing to accept any responsibility for ■■■■■■ loaded cages.

i left did my class one and cant believe i put up with that place for 3 years. you just get in the mentality that it must be you .

Mani:

trying to move a cage full of drinks, milk and groceries down cobbled streets, down steep ramps or worst still pushing them up ramps.

so many are way too heavy for one man and the office’s answer is split the load into an empty cage then. they shouldnt be loaded so heavily in the first place. i ended up with numerous joint pains from trying to make sure i didnt lose the cage whilst pushing it up a ramp.

it will be long hours - they will try to extract as much as they can. this was the issue with retention at that site. they just couldnt keep the new guys who realised the graft wasnt worth it. the office just wasnt willing to accept any responsibility for [zb] loaded cages.

i left did my class one and cant believe i put up with that place for 3 years. you just get in the mentality that it must be you .

Don’t forget about the (HB) Hand Ball drops aswell.

rearaxle:

Mani:

it will be long hours - they will try to extract as much as they can. this was the issue with retention at that site. they just couldnt keep the new guys who realised the graft wasnt worth it. the office just wasnt willing to accept any responsibility for [zb] loaded cages.

Don’t forget about the (HB) Hand Ball drops aswell.

6 cages to hand ball and the only person to help you is a 70 Yr old gran who wants stuff in a specific place whilst there’s customers all around who couldn’t care you have cases of beer in your arms

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk