2 pence on a litre

i think this equates to about 800 to 1000 pounds extra a year for the boss to find for his diesel ,if the driver was to ask for 1000 a year extra in his pay, the boss would say i cant give that ill go bust and the government would say greedy drivers, get your cpc and your nvq done and dont forget about your poa,s

Typical init…

Just goes to show what a nice goverment we have

Just remember where to put your X when the election comes.

Ken.

Where do I put my X Quinny? it will be a different band but the same song.

I posted on here quite a while ago that the green/climate change issue would be an excuse for all sorts of abuses, and so it proves.

Not one other country has gone beserk like this one.

And their killing their own economy in the process, we’ll be the first country to ban the use of fossil fuels no doubt, then wonder why we end up going bankrupt.

Diesel is £1.12 a litre at the moment in some places, to keep sticking 2pence on it (this for some reason seems to end up being about 10pence, and it’s not to do with the oil prices) is just daft. Then there’s the new income tax rules that screw low wage workers, the more you get shafted for working/driving the less people will end up working, more on benefits or just stealing instead and so on, MPs are all morons, end of.

And as for ticking the right box, there is no right box, and if you don’t tick anything you still can’t get rid of them all. Gather your pitchforks.

According to the news there’s a good chance he’ll postpone the increase for 6 months as the price of crude has hit another all-time high, so we’re still going to get hit but the government won’t take any of the blame of course!

It has been postponed until October, hes probably getting enough extra with how fuel prices have risen recently

Lets see Mr Darling at a diesel pump when we are fuelling up although I doubt very much if he would change his tune…I bet he doesn’t have a clue about how much a full tank costs on average.

Think politicians will be the end of this industry one day. And one party is just as bad as the other unless u vote for looney lord such (excuse the spelling if it is wrong …u get the idea) at the next election

Jacko. :frowning:

Haulin ■■■ until something breaks…was my elbow last time! dooh

jackojackson:
And one party is just as bad as the other unless u vote for looney lord such (excuse the spelling if it is wrong …u get the idea) at the next election

You’ll have a job, he died in 1999.

Although, saying that, he would probably do a better job dead than most that are alive. :laughing:

Rather than using litres as a rule, we should talk about these things in gallons as it gives you more of an idea of the actual cost increase.
2 p per litre is infact = 9 p per gallon
The Government always use litres as a 2p increase doesnt look as bad as the true 9p figure.

he aint put it on ,delayed to oct?

Where’s Guy Fawkes when you need im eh.

What I cant get my head round is this…

Yes the price of crude is at an all time high… but oil is sold in us$ and the value of a $ has fallen through the floor. So although the price of oil looks high the actual cost in pounds has not changed massively over recent years.

Just an excuse put about by people who enjoy taxing the ■■■■ out of us

Yes, and if you look at a chart of the value of crude oil over the past few years on a month to month basis, then look at a similar chart showing UK petrol prices along the same timescale, when oil prices drop (which they have done loads of times for months at a time most years) it very very rarely alters UK pump prices, I believe in Jan/Feb there was quite a slump, yet our pump prices have shot up from 90p a litre last summer to £1.15 now.

At least ■■■■ Turpin had the decency to wear a mask…

Ah well now the delay in Oct is a cunning plan the price will go up and everyone will blame the petrol companies and not remember that Darling arranged it.

Do you also realise that car tax has gone up by an average of £5 per car - did let that one slip through.

What happened to the fuel protests?? Seems to me like folks went to a lot of bother and almost achieved their aims in the first round of protests then it faded away…surely if we still feel this strongly about it then something needs done to address the issue, or, due u feel we should just shut up and put up while more and more companies go to the wall.

I know that there are plans in place which would keep fuel deliveries on schedule but surely someone has to listen to drivers and operators??or am I living in la la land.

I am sure Jo publc doesn’t realise that if it is in a shop, a building site etc we all hauled it.

Jacko :unamused:

scottbrown:
Yes the price of crude is at an all time high… but oil is sold in us$ and the value of a $ has fallen through the floor. So although the price of oil looks high the actual cost in pounds has not changed massively over recent years.

Good Point. :exclamation: