2 on 1 off

Could 2 on 1 off work schedule ever be legal? So every six days you would have worked 4 and had 2 off but the 2 off are never together.
So I’m thinking you have more than 24 hrs off a couple of times a week, would they ever repay your reduced weekly rest?

stu675:
Could 2 on 1 off work schedule ever be legal? So every six days you would have worked 4 and had 2 off but the 2 off are never together.
So I’m thinking you have more than 24 hrs off a couple of times a week, would they ever repay your reduced weekly rest?

You must have a regular weekly rest period of 45 consecutive hours at-least every second week, so the answer to your question is no it would not be legal.

tachograph:

stu675:

You must have a regular weekly rest period of 45 consecutive hours at-least every second week, so the answer to your question is no it would not be legal.

Ok thanks. I was getting confused with
“The remainder of the hours have to be made up by the end of the 4th week”
So you have ages to make up the hours, but also once it’s made up it was still a reduced rest so the next one can’t be.

The real question was I’m on a reduced rest by 7.5 hrs. I’ll have cleared that by not working today, but if I work this Saturday then I’ll have to take Sunday and Monday off ( or at least 45hrs from finishing on Saturday).