2 more dead A 511

huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/02 … d=webmail1

Been a blooming terrible past few days on the roads that’s for certain, what the hell is happening out there? :confused:

Pete.

Mini bus and a lorry wonder how many in the bus had seatbelts on and if the injury’s could have been avoided by having a seat belt on.
Maybe things should be changed in the rulings on seatbelts on bus / coaches even cars … making it the drivers responsibility.

On coaches I have been on in recent years, driver always says seatbelt must be worn.

RIP to all

Driver-Once-More:
On coaches I have been on in recent years, driver always says seatbelt must be worn.

RIP to all

Try saying that to a bunch of school kids. I know for a fact when I was at school on the bus I never wore my seatbelt.

A spokesman for Staffordshire police said: "The minibus was carrying Spanish nationals who were travelling to their workplace in the Tutbury area. Those who had minor injuries have been discharged from Queen’s Hospital, in Burton.

“We have interpreters helping us and our officers are currently liaising with the relevant embassies to keep their families fully informed.”

one report say’s no-one arrested then another say 2 arrested
I do hope that the driver of the Bus held the appropriate licence and insurance… and wasn’t just Jo Blogs working for the farmers etc…

Minibus.jpg
Bit of a mess

Dentressangle truck was the other vehicle. The two reported arrested are a man in his twenties from Derbyshire and one in his forties from Portugal.

windrush:
Been a blooming terrible past few days on the roads that’s for certain, what the hell is happening out there? :confused:

Pete.

Not really sure, sometimes you seem to get a spate of these things, like aircraft accidents, but could be that after one the other get more widely reported.

but as for the weekend, start of half term, pretty benign weather, might be a bit foggy but not snowing, icy, windy or heavy rain, this might mean more people out and about and on routes they are unfamiliar with compared to their daily commute or school run.

windrush:

Pete.

with the way some drive nowadays it’s no surprise that there’s accidents on the scale there happening at.

muckles:

windrush:

Pete.

Not really sure, sometimes you seem to get a spate of these things, like aircraft accidents, but could be that after one the other get more widely reported.

but as for the weekend, start of half term, pretty benign weather, might be a bit foggy but not snowing, icy, windy or heavy rain, this might mean more people out and about and on routes they are unfamiliar with compared to their daily commute or school run.

only one reason really …people not paying attention

This section of road has seen a lot of accidents over the years it was pretty misty and murky round here this morning this section of road has a speed limit of 50 on it and speed cameras on it which were put up after a spate of incidents a few years ago the chances are the passengers of the minibus would have been travelling to work at Nestle at Hatton/Tutbury as that road is normally busy at that time of the morning with people traveling to work there .My thoughts go out to all involved .

nick2008:

muckles:

windrush:

Pete.

only one reason really …people not paying attention

nope :imp: TOO FAST :smiling_imp: TOO CLOSE :unamused: :open_mouth: that is all! :sunglasses: concentration, anticipation and observation :laughing: you can’t drive safely if you’re not doing ONE OF THOSE! :unamused:

scotstrucker:

windrush:

Pete.

with the way some drive nowadays it’s no surprise that there’s accidents on the scale there happening at.

No idea, but wasn’t there one mentioned last week on R2 traffic involving 4 trucks some were?

nick2008:

A spokesman for Staffordshire police said: "The minibus was carrying Spanish nationals who were travelling to their workplace in the Tutbury area. Those who had minor injuries have been discharged from Queen’s Hospital, in Burton.

“We have interpreters helping us and our officers are currently liaising with the relevant embassies to keep their families fully informed.”

one report say’s no-one arrested then another say 2 arrested
I do hope that the driver of the Bus held the appropriate licence and insurance… and wasn’t just Jo Blogs working for the farmers etc…

minibus carrying forgeign nationals to work according to local paper