2 lane motorway speed limit?

You can also check in the back of the maps which will tell you how fast you can go etc

worse than daft quistions
are stupid answers
maybe its the reason we now have the Dcpc

hitch:
worse than daft quistions
are stupid answers
maybe its the reason we now have the Dcpc

I doubt basic highway code will be included in the DQC

Rob K:

Alcpone:
So flame me some more.

I intend to. For a HGV driver to be asking such basic questions is shocking. In fact for ANY driver not to know basic things like the speed limits is just incredible :open_mouth: . The best thing you can do is send your licence back to Swansea asking them to cancel it for you as you’re clearly unfit to be in control of anything bigger than a push bike.

Was a polite question,pity some of the responses were’nt so! :open_mouth:

The only silly question is the one you don’t ask

Rob K:

Alcpone:
Is it 60 or 50 mph limit for artics? Maybe a stupid question but I cant find a definitive answer.

Thanks

Is this post for real? :open_mouth:

It must be very frustrating for someone as superior as you to have to contend with those less well equipped in the knowledge department.

waddy640:

Rob K:

Alcpone:
Is it 60 or 50 mph limit for artics? Maybe a stupid question but I cant find a definitive answer.

Thanks

It must be very frustrating for someone as superior as you to have to contend with those less well equipped in the knowledge department.

No disrespect to the OP but Rob does have a point it is basic highway knowledge if you dont know the speed limits for you intended vehicle then you didnt ought to be behind the wheel.

bubsy06:
We are in europe now people its 96.56kmh

With limiter 96.56 kph, 60 mph without limiter Is there a difrerent limit for artics to hgvs . . in blighty that is, not Europe. :laughing:

Imp:

waddy640:

Rob K:

Alcpone:

Thanks

No disrespect to the OP but Rob does have a point it is basic highway knowledge if you dont know the speed limits for you intended vehicle then you didnt ought to be behind the wheel.

Maybe,but to me,a simple request for clarity on something,(which I thought was what this site was about)was met with the almost predictable response :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

The correct answer must be 60, unless a lower limit is in force.

Considering that the answer is in the Highway Code, which the OP should have read, absorbed and fully understood before taking a driving test, I have to agree with RobK on this occasion.

bigvern1:
He’s Mr Know It All , is his usual arrogant self. :neutral_face:

wally640:

Are you two for real? It’s BASIC stuff that anyone with a full driving licence should know automatically. As I am apparently so superior and such a knpw-it-all in your collective opinions, one can only assume then that neither of you know the speed limits for your class of vehicle either. :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused:

What next? “Hi can anyone tell me what those white signs with a red circle and black numbers in mean?” :unamused: Or would just be me being a “know it all” and “superior” again, right? :unamused: [zb] numpties. :unamused:

Rob K:

Alcpone:
I just wanted to make sure as it could quite easily be classed as a 50 limit as it is only a dual carriageway in reality, call me thick but I just like to double check on things im not sure about :slight_smile:

I presume you are some kid that doesn’t yet hold a driving licence then, right?

JESUS CHRIST wind yer neck in Rob, the guy’s only asking a bloody question, you’re always so ■■■■■■■ quick to take the ■■■■, but at least he had the sense to ask rather than just carry on regardless. If more people asked instead of acted, maybe there’d be a ■■■■ sight less carnage on the roads. Oh but then I forgot, you’re soooooooo brilliant at everything and you were born with a clean licence in your hand. Give me a ■■■■■■■ break

Rob K:

bigvern1:
He’s Mr Know It All , is his usual arrogant self. :neutral_face:

wally640:

Are you two for real? It’s BASIC stuff that anyone with a full driving licence should know automatically. As I am apparently so superior and such a knpw-it-all in your collective opinions, one can only assume then that neither of you know the speed limits for your class of vehicle either. :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused:

What next? “Hi can anyone tell me what those white signs with a red circle and black numbers in mean?” :unamused: Or would just be me being a “know it all” and “superior” again, right? :unamused: [zb] numpties. :unamused:

They taught most of the road signs at our primary school and we gained a little badge for knowing them, although we were not expected to know how to use the motorway as it wasn’t built.

Rat67:

Rob K:

Alcpone:
I just wanted to make sure as it could quite easily be classed as a 50 limit as it is only a dual carriageway in reality, call me thick but I just like to double check on things im not sure about :slight_smile:

I presume you are some kid that doesn’t yet hold a driving licence then, right?

JESUS CHRIST wind yer neck in Rob, the guy’s only asking a bloody question, you’re always so [zb] quick to take the ■■■■, but at least he had the sense to ask rather than just carry on regardless. If more people asked instead of acted, maybe there’d be a ■■■■ sight less carnage on the roads. Oh but then I forgot, you’re soooooooo brilliant at everything and you were born with a clean licence in your hand. Give me a [zb] break

Ime on Robs side , there is a clue in the initial question ffs.So why all the talk about d/c ways,cental divides with a privvet hedge ,on a MOTORWAY its 60 mph .

Okay, you’re on Robs side, but just for one minute lets assume the speed limit was 50mph, and the OP hadn’t bothered to find out but had gone happily along at 60 then ploughed into a family and killed them all, because as sure as ■■■■ stinks, Rob would have been on here ranting about “why didn’t he ask if he wasn’t sure?” and you know ■■■■ well he would. The only stupid question is the one not asked

Rat67:
Okay, you’re on Robs side, but just for one minute lets assume the speed limit was 50mph, and the OP hadn’t bothered to find out but had gone happily along at 60 then ploughed into a family and killed them all, because as sure as [zb] stinks, Rob would have been on here ranting about “why didn’t he ask if he wasn’t sure?” and you know ■■■■ well he would. The only stupid question is the one not asked

You best read what you have written again!

Surely the deciding factor here is what speed the family car was driving at, not the [zb] speed limit :open_mouth:

Oh I give up! I’ll just say one thing, the professional driver is the one who asks if he’s not sure about something

Cant answer “ifs and buts”.
One thing i do know is the legal speed limits for a hgv on uk roads and i would have thought that all so called “profesional drivers” would aswell .

Rat67:
Oh I give up! I’ll just say one thing, the professional driver is the one who asks if he’s not sure about something

I don’t disagree with you, but you’re still missing the point that this is BASIC stuff that everyone with a driving licence should know. It could be forgiven if he wasn’t a driver yet but from his previous posts he’s been driving for years :open_mouth: . No excuse.

If he’d been asking about tacho rules or something similarly complicated then fair enough but not knowing speed limits is just… embarrassing,really. It’s on the same sort of level as jumping in a truck and then asking what each of the 3 pedals does. :open_mouth: