2 Hour limit on Services

Once you have used your 2 hours free parking in the services and you leave, how soon can you come back?

I’m at Heston waiting to be called under the crane at Hammersmith, but they are running behind. I got here at 9.30 so need to be off in half hour or so and was going to go to then next junction back round and back in so will be out for 10 mins or so.

So am I ok for another 2 hours?

If you get a private parking notice for over staying and ignore it then I dont think anything will happen

Why don’t you go in and find a Manager to ask as it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Yes you’ll be ok! :sunglasses:

bald bloke:
Why don’t you go in and find a Manager to ask as it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Or pay for parking and claim it back from your company?

ROG:
If you get a private parking notice for over staying and ignore it then I dont think anything will happen

I hope you are right as I got a £100 bill for overstaying at Oxford services by an hour and a half in my small van in a nigh on empty carpark during the early hours of the morning.

coreysboys:

bald bloke:

Or pay for parking and claim it back from your company?

Err no, that’s not the idea of an MSA! They put up a sign " tiredness kills, take a break! :sunglasses: " money making scam! :grimacing: :grimacing:

ROG:

A bit risky i would say as they might bill the company and then the OP might get it in the neck from his boss.

I would have thought that would be fine as you have left the premises and come again.

people often misinterpret these invoices to be fines. If you get one all you need do is lob it in the bin. You may get a few of them but you will never be pursued for them. They are working on the assumption of fear that you will pay. Only councils can issue parking fines. These aren’t fines. The reason that these companies never pursue them is that the cost of doing so far exceeds any reward they would get from them.

Just stay where you are.
Pay for parking? Not a chance.
They can do two things.

1. send you out a meaningless letter, and hope you’re some sort of idiot that will pay.
  2. They might look at you with a hard stare. Just like paddington bear used to do.

These links have all the advice you need

forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=46975

moneysavingexpert.com/reclai … ng-tickets

Lots of other sites support the “don’t pay the penalty charge, it’s not enforceable” view

marlow:
Once you have used your 2 hours free parking in the services and you leave, how soon can you come back?

I’m at Heston waiting to be called under the crane at Hammersmith, but they are running behind. I got here at 9.30 so need to be off in half hour or so and was going to go to then next junction back round and back in so will be out for 10 mins or so.

So am I ok for another 2 hours?

At Wetherby services they don’t allow return for an hour ,i asked once when i broke down and managed to limp into the services to wait for a tow truck ,as others have said though these are private parking restrictions and not enforced by the police or any other government official and any action would be a private prosecution which they usually don’t bother with

can the cramp you the next time u park in their sevrice if u dont pay the fine■■?

milkchurns:
can the cramp you the next time u park in their sevrice if u dont pay the fine■■?

Nothing worse than a case of the cramps.

milkchurns:

Clamping by private companies is now illegal. you might be on to a legal loophole with this cramping though. :laughing: