2 Drivers. Stupid question time

I’m currently an owner driver with 1 vehicle, but soon i’ll have 2 vehicle’s…

As of next month I’ll be assessing a new driver for a couple of days…

Time for the stupid question…

So what mode would I need to record on my digicard while in the passenger seat ■■

no question is stupid if asked with sincerity… however a lot of responses to such a question will be posted by complete ar5es.

to be honest it’s been a few years since I undertook my CPC, however I do not recall such a topic being covered, not so specifically anyway… I’ll put my hands up if I’m wrong though.

Everyone will have different answers to this, just depends which side of HMP’s barb wired fence you are sitting on… :laughing: :laughing:

When you are doing any form of work, including assessing a driver you should be on ‘other work’. When you stop for a break for the driver then assuming you stop the assessment process you can switch your card to ‘rest’ as well.

I’ll go with the ‘other work’ option… Sounds about right so thanks for that…

If you dont plan on doing any driving, why would you put your card in anyway :wink:

When your card is in slot 2 the tachograph will automatically record POA every time the vehicle moves, you cannot change it to anything else while the vehicle is in motion.

You can change the mode for slot 2 when the vehicle is stationary but not when it’s moving.

If you are constantly assessing the new driver then that is other work so a manual entry would need to be done

205:
If you dont plan on doing any driving, why would you put your card in anyway :wink:

I’m Belgian based so over here (& in France (we’re going there)) police like to see a second digicard in the machine…

Also the company & truck are registered in my name so don’t want to rock the boat…