2 day induction

I have a 2 day induction with our green liveried friends next week. Any ideas on what to expect/or what it involves? I’ve been told its quite information heavy, which I kinda gathered it would be. I presume there will be some paperwork, then uniform, then maybe a couple/uncouple procedure, maybe a tour of the site?

Tarrman:
I have a 2 day induction with our green liveried friends next week. Any ideas on what to expect/or what it involves? I’ve been told its quite information heavy, which I kinda gathered it would be. I presume there will be some paperwork, then uniform, then maybe a couple/uncouple procedure, maybe a tour of the site?

counts for your DCPC, two modules! :sunglasses:

Fatboy slimslow:

Tarrman:

counts for your DCPC, two modules! :sunglasses:

yes…but you have to sign a paper agreeing that if you leave before 12 months you have to pay them £210 per days cpc!

the induction is indeed info heavy…paperwork first…take your licence etc as they have to fill in the forms for the cpc.
uniform is issued,and from the end of day one its uniform to be worn…you must be in the green when you turn up for day 2.
you get classroom time on tachos,wtd,rtd,how to fill in the running sheets…customer services etc…you get a copy of the stobart bible…a quiz to see if you were paying attention.tea/coffe is available and sarnies etc at dinnertime.
you are shown the isotrak and how to use it…walkround checks …curtain sider howto…how to use the tesco sidebars…taillift operation…fridge howto…couple/uncouple…split couple…all done the stobart way.
as its cpc its 7 hours each day…you get free room at the motel…20 quid food/drink…if you are travelling a distance from your base depot…hire car to get to widnes and back.

As you said, admin for pay, contract, DCPC etc, uniform, drivers manual with their policy and procedures, site locations etc.

DCPC input on drivers hours and of course H&S. couple/ uncouple, strapping, Isotrak, tail lifts, cages, fridges.

The instructors at Widnes are a good set of blokes, you will be treated with respect and they will answer any questions, even the dumb ones we all have :slight_smile:

Cheers for the info. Seems an awful lot to take in!

2 days of dullness. One evening meal in the company of at least one over excited “new recruit”

Tarrman:
Cheers for the info. Seems an awful lot to take in!

What, two days of info?

Write anything down that isn’t already on paper. Ask whatever questions you like so you are sure you know what’s expected of you.

Oh, and don’t ever sign up to a difficult course if you think doing two days is hard!!! :laughing:

Its not hard. Just dull. Very very dull. Its like full metal jacket without gunnery sergeant Hartman. No shouting, no suicides, just a load of tosh delivered by an ex forces (probably sas/marine/gurkha/sbs) knobber who will show you how to do it the American…er sorry the stobart way.

Tarrman:
I have a 2 day induction with our green liveried friends next week.

I love ASDA too :slight_smile:

Hey I never said it I thought it was going to be hard! Just a lot to remember in one go. Sure it might all be second nature to you lot who’ve been driving attics for years but I’m new remember. Sure I can drive the things but when it was all listed by a previous poster it seemed quite a lot. When you break it down there’s only about half of that which is actually new to me.

But thanks for the help so far, can’t wait to start at Asda :smiley:

I did a 2 day induction at Tesco’s, basically if a company wants you to do one what’s the problem, you’re getting paid?

Tarrman:
Hey I never said it I thought it was going to be hard! Just a lot to remember in one go. Sure it might all be second nature to you lot who’ve been driving attics for years but I’m new remember. Sure I can drive the things but when it was all listed by a previous poster it seemed quite a lot. When you break it down there’s only about half of that which is actually new to me.

Seriously, it’s straightforward. Most of it will be Asda ■■■■■■■■ that is ‘safety’ related. I.e. This is how to get in and out of your cab / this is a tail lift and it goes up and down when you press the arrowed buttons/ Only shunters can go the wrong way around the one way system/ you must wear your hi viz at all times even when taking a dump as we don’t want suing etc.

You’re getting paid so enjoy it!! :sunglasses:

Of course I’m getting paid :smiley: And there’s no problem, I was just after a bit of info on it as its a first for me (as a driver anyway). Actually quite excited as its a huge career change for me. For once I’ll look forward to going to work and not the other way round :sunglasses:

Tarrman:

them attics are a bugger to drive!

■■■■ autocorrect! :grimacing:

What a load of bollox just to drive a truck ! why do these companys think everybodys a thick [zb] ? :frowning:

shytalk:
What a load of bollox just to drive a truck ! why do these companys think everybodys a thick [zb] ? :frowning:

Nope - they are covering their arses and reducing their insurance costs. If you ■■■■ up they can say “we showed them how to do it” Two days towards DCPC and being paid - worth it. I have to pay for my own AND give up 5 days to do it. :frowning:

All the op asked was what to expect.

shytalk:

Because those that drive for Stobbies generally are.

Rob K:

shytalk:

Because those that drive for Stobbies generally are.

And your a ■■■■■■■ mastermind aren’t you Rob? What does the K stand for? Knowitall? You are a tool.