2 company's 1 premises

Can I apply for an operators licence on the same premises that one is already held for another company if there is space to park more trucks that is.

Francis

Yes

There needs to be sufficient space (which you say there is) and the additional truck movements i.e. for your additional vehicle/s must not pose a nuisance that anyone could object to.

It might be worth asking the company already using the site if there are any restrictions on their O licence e.g. times vehicles are allowed to leave / enter the site, number of vehicle movements, etc. before you decide to apply to use the site as your own operating centre.

Hope this helps

ibson:
Can I apply for an operators licence on the same premises that one is already held for another company if there is space to park more trucks that is.

Francis

You can so long as there is planning permission for the purpose of parking commercial vehicles. The yard where i park has several operators parking there.

(written at the same time as Loadsofhorses it would be a good idea to check for any restrictions) :wink:

This sounds great, it has no restrictions and plenty of space.

Thanks for the help

Francis

theres 8 haulage companys on the site i park at, gets a bit frantic on a friday afternoon :smiley:

You will need a letter from the owner of the yard stating he gives you permission to park 1 unit and 1 trailer for example. It will also need to state the date the parking will be available from and not just an as and when.