2-1 Driver training, good or bad?

Hi,

What are people’s thoughts please.

I am due to start my training in a couple of weeks and have just been informed there was a mixup with the original test date so they have now said it will be a 2-1 basis and this will increase my chances of passing!

Should I be worried? I did think it was going to be 1-1 but now it’s changed.

I trained others using both and found 2 to 1 gave better results

Training provider here, there are pros and cons to both 1-to-1 and 2-to-1. The important bit is choosing a professional outfit with good instructors and decent kit.

Personally, I think 2-to-1 is better. More time in the cab, more opportunity to absorb different situations in readiness for your test. The half where you are observing is just as beneficial as the half you spend driving. Like ROG, we find it produces better results.

Naturally, a 2-to-1 course should be twice the length of a 1-to-1 course.

Fair enough commentd, thanks for the replies.

Guy did say you get double the time in the cab and they get better results so seems fair enough, we shall see!

I’m happy to accept that 2:1 works. Personally, I prefer 1:1. But it really is personal choice rather than one always being better than another.

As previously stated, the main point is to make sure you’ve got a good trainer with decent kit. Then you’re partway there straight away.

All the best with it, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Did both class 1&2 as mix of 2:1 and 1:1

Felt that 2:1 was better as could watch the other guy making mistakes and seeing how it could have been avoided. Having that perspective was good as you learnt a lot without the involvement.

When I did my class 1 I had been driving rigids for 3 years, I found that my approach to many junctions was wrong as I was driving it as I would for a rigid. Watching the other guy who had come straight from class 2 training and without the experience I could see him do it differently.

He found it good watching me as he said I seemed so comfortable with the vehicle, which as a driver of a large vehicle anyway it wasn’t that different.