1st Time to Germany, info required please

Am off to Ludwigshafen Mon 25th. Not done Germany before, usually do BL/NL.
Are any vignettes or tolls required, if so do you get them at Dover or in Germany.
Any particular rules for HGV apart from speed limits and load restraints etc.
Not carrying any ADR goods.

Any info gratefully received.

Cheers in advance.

maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab … wigschafen

you will need to stop at the belgium/german border to do your tax for germany at the go toll machine.
the machine will do english.how will you pay it takes credit and fuel cards or cash at the cashier.

basically you put in country eg GB then truck number ,euro emission,axles then it asks you where you entered the country and then asks where you are exiting to deliver.if you already know then type it in if not then press on the map and it will zoom in to the area you are going to and you will have to work it out from there.when you have done that it shows you the route you must take and if you are happy with that press ok then put your card in and it will then say something like flockgarten or summit like that but britpete will put me right :smiley: .2 tickets will come out and one of them shows the route and how long you got to do it.you then do exactly the same when you come back.

send brit pete a pm

have sent you a PM;

neil46:
… it will then say something like flockgarten or summit like that…

Flottenkarten :wink:

thats the one :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

last time i was there i got a fine, those bloody machines were a pain in the arse. i couldn’t get them to display in english.
i had 10 drops and 3 collections. i never want to see one of those bloody machines again.

have a nice trip. Don’t trust the showers.
and it’s full of germans.

limeyphil:
last time i was there i got a fine, those bloody machines were a pain in the arse. i couldn’t get them to display in english.
i had 10 drops and 3 collections. i never want to see one of those bloody machines again.

have a nice trip. Don’t trust the showers.
and it’s full of germans.

Couldnt agree more.Why dont they put the payment screen in english■■?

Thanks to Brit Pete for the info, magic.
The tolls machines are good once you get used to entering the exact off and on points you need. Very clever.
Pete, yes, got the reload details, Mechelen so it was same way out to Aachen.
Good trip, stunning scenery down there. Stopped at Rhinbollen going down, good place. Look forward to doing it again next week.

Thanks for the info guys. :slight_smile:

AV760:
Thanks to Brit Pete for the info, magic.
The tolls machines are good once you get used to entering the exact off and on points you need. Very clever.
Pete, yes, got the reload details, Mechelen so it was same way out to Aachen.
Good trip, stunning scenery down there. Stopped at Rhinbollen going down, good place. Look forward to doing it again next week.

Thanks for the info guys. :slight_smile:

Last time i was in rhinbollen 10yrs ago,i was w/ended/snowbound and the t/stop closed noon sat till 5.00am monday.I finished up in the hotel across the road,he did parking for trucks,very good food at a good price and had a tv room at the rear were he would put english videos on,great place.Probably changed a lot now.
regards dave,