1st time on analogue tacho. Silly question time

Out of the blue was stuck in an 06 Merc today with analogue tacho.

As I’ve never had to use one before, what happens tomorrow when I’m back with a Digi.

What I mean is, last withdrawal date would show last Friday, am I best to just use the “?” up until start of current shift or should I record yesterday as a working day?

Of course I have kept the analogue chart for record.

Also whilst on the subject, what’s the general consensus regarding recording daily rest. As I’ve always used the bed symbol on manual entry at start of each shift, TM says I’m wrong and should leAve it blank. Surely either way is fine?

I understand these are things a decent manager should be telling me. Unfortunately I’ve not got one…

Are you a limper or full time employee?

peirre:

Sort of in between. Been offered a job but need to see out 12 weeks limping. 3 or 4 weeks off being perm.

Until early this year I regularly switched between analogue and digicard. Manual entries for daily rest by marking the time period on the back of the chart in the normal way. If I switched to digicard and then switched back that same day I used to write “using digicard (times)” on the back of the chart.
I don’t miss analogue charts. Next thing I hope not to miss is manual gearboxes.

You’re correct, the ? is the correct mode to use.

It’s also the mode we use for recording daily rest as well.

m1cks:
You’re correct, the ? is the correct mode to use.

It’s also the mode we use for recording daily rest as well.

Thanks for that very helpful.

In the case of the older version tachos without the ? symbol how would you go about it, just out of interest?

When you select end of shift it automatically records the time between then and the start of shift as a ?

Alfa1M:

Make sure you keep it on you for at least 28 days and return it to the employer before 42 though. (you can also retain a photocopy for your own permanent records if you so wish)

I’d have just made a jig=saw out of the analogue chart :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

peirre:

Not a very civil answer to the guys straight forward question,being a so called “limper” or full time has nothing to do with it.

bin it, and youll have had a 24 off and crack on lol :laughing: :laughing:

Both digicard and analogue charts are official records so there is no legal need to do anything else

lolipop:

peirre:

Not a very civil answer to the guys straight forward question,being a so called “limper” or full time has nothing to do with it.

Read the op’s reply, it’s in the spirit of the question :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Lighten up.

:grimacing: :grimacing:

dreamlands2001:
I’d have just made a jig=saw out of the analogue chart :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Double post

Reef:

Alfa1M:

Make sure you keep it on you for at least 28 days and return it to the employer before 42 though. (you can also retain a photocopy for your own permanent records if you so wish)

Thanks for that reminder, I would of completely forgot to hand it in after 28 days.

The trouble with digi cards is, they don’t make very good frisbees, apparently :wink: :laughing:

knight2:
The trouble with digi cards is, they don’t make very good frisbees, apparently :wink: :laughing:

But you can scrape ice off your car windscreen though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

knight2:

But you can scrape ice off your car windscreen though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That’s what the DCPC card is for

lolipop:

peirre:

I’m going to guess and assume the question is more about whether the OP needs to record records for a single client or jumps around from job to job. That being the case, the OP may be better off ‘forgetting’ the paper tacho’s… :wink: