1st step taken

Well I’ve just taken my 1st step to a new career…

Had eyes tested yesterday as knew they weren’t really up to scratch, specs ready next Tuesday. Specsavers have voucher for free eye test on their website.

Local GP quote for medical = £120 … refused on principal

driversmedicals.com = £56 inc VAT … booked & paid for.

Went with these guys as can do it in Bedford for me. Bit of a trek but not as far as the other alternative I’ve looked into, so save a few £ in fuel. Volvo is turning out to be a bit more thirsty than I’d expected, £125 in unleaded in 2 weeks, 840 miles.

Ordered forms for lgv provisional and digi-card from dvla website.

Next thing to do is to find an affordable loan :open_mouth:

Had my medical yesterday - £60, a bit over half the cost quoted on the surgery’s website. Doc said he thought it was ‘too much’.

See? There are some good people around.

Had medical this morning. £56 for under 10 minutes, would love that wage :open_mouth:

Forms and licence in the post to be upgraded :stuck_out_tongue:

Theory prep going well, sat 20 mock tests so far with average of 94% mark. Hazard perception training seems to be going ok, done 15 mock tests for it with results ranging from 72 to 84 marks (67 is pass?).

Itching to get going. Can see me booking theory test within minutes of provisional landing on doormat.

Itching to get going. Can see me booking theory test within minutes of provisional landing on doormat.

If you’re really keen to get going, start trying to book your theory tests in a few days time. The system will allow you to book virtually as soon as the licence has been issued. This could give you a head start of 2 or 3 days.

When booking, have a look around at test centres a little further from home to see if their waiting list is shorter. Often works.

Whilst waiting for your theory tests, arrange at least two assessments so you have something to compare with. The ONLY exception to this should be booking on rock solid recommendation. Avoid brokers like the plague.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Whilst waiting for your theory tests, arrange at least two assessments so you have something to compare with. The ONLY exception to this should be booking on rock solid recommendation. Avoid brokers like the plague.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Have pretty much made my mind up on where I’d like to get my training done, based on what I’ve seen on here, on the company’s website and by a quick chat on the phone to one of the guys in the office.

Company I’ve chosen isn’t the cheapest but never claim to be from what I’ve seen, main thing in my mind is the pass rate :laughing: