1st shift tomoz

hi guys
after finally passing my class 1 on june 11th getting my licence back about 10 days later i finally got a call from the agency i do my first class 1 trunk tomorrow so heads up fellow drivers im here .
only kidding any last words of advice from the mine of info plz? :smiley:

Good Luck, take your time and be careful, you’ll be running on adrenalin, no bad thing as your concentration will be all there. Just remember no job is worth dying for.
Have a good run :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

‘Crazytrucker’

Remember all your training and don’t try any short cuts - do it the way YOU think it is SAFE

Experience will allow you to ‘expand’ on what you learnt in training and you may find an easier way to do something which is just as safe

Don’t be afraid to ask,we were all there once.

Similar to what rustyoldbolt says,if in doubt,ask !
Try and relax and enjoy the drive. :wink:

drive it like you stole it - oh sorry your trunker not a tipper… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

on a serious note just put pedal to the metal and dont look at the carnage you’ve caused behind you in the mirrors and you’ll do fine

just shout out the window “sorry i’m new to the job” and the driver of the merc with the half on half off bumper will just :unamused: :unamused: and he’ll just wave his hand to say “no worries drive- forget about it your new” :grimacing: :grimacing:

You will have a bad day in the first few weeks,but you will have plenty of days where it all goes great so enjoy the good ones.

“We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.”

Some good advice from an old Greek geezer (Epictetus)

Spk fckn English nt that kiddy txt crp!!!

Good luck for tommorrow. Forget everything you learnt for your test, this is where the learning now begins, but most of all just take your time and enjoy. Them were the words of the instructor who taught me my class1.
Can guarentee by the time you come up for your 4 1/2 break you`ll be totally relaxed and driving with one hand and have a brew in the other.Dont let it stress ya.

done my 1st run yesterday,was nervous as hell,i sooned warmed round to driving the truck alone,then got a to a bay,was a little nervous soon carmed by some driver just giving me some advice cheers drive.

As has been said already , take your time and try not to get flustered mate

Not sure about anything then ask another driver , 9 out of ten will be more than willing to help

Good luck and enjoy it :wink:

so how did the first shift go? hopfully it went well but dont worry if not every driver has a tail bout first shift distasters… :smiley: