1st run using a magnet

:open_mouth: no but it got your attention didnt it :exclamation: :wink: :laughing:

bus lanes is the question.

delivering round London area i notice people seem reluctant to use bus lanes when the signs says “use bus lane” or words to that effect, i find my self doing it also, my eyes are telling me to drive in the bus lane but something in the back of my mind just wont let my brain tell my arms to turn the wheel and drive in one :confused: :confused:

im guessing people are like me, sods law id get a ticket and how would you actually prove the signs said “use all lanes”

the partiuclar ones im on about are on the way to harrow as you come off the A40 mcdonalds roundabout they are part time bus lanes,

not one person went in the bus lanes, we all stayed in lane 2, may be i am just too cautious :exclamation: :wink: :blush: :blush: :blush:

been there and not used them
you dont get fined for not using them when you can / should

Always use them when allowed just check the times when you,re allowed to ,and the good thing is it really ■■■■■■ off the car drivers.

Bus lanes in use 7am to 10am and 4pm to 7 pm, outside of these hours fill your boots, I do :smiley:
Been doing it for years and no tickets.
Pay no attention to the sheeple who can’t read signs :stuck_out_tongue:

glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/ … cement.htm

Just be careful if you will be driving in Glasgow as of next week. :frowning:

I use the ones you’re on about on the A312 regularly, as said outside 7-10am and 4-7pm they’re fine to use.

My favourite is the one on the A23 going into Croydon, buses and goods vehicles 7.5 ton and over at any time.
That one really ■■■■■■ the car drivers off at rush hour :grimacing:

I use them too in the times your permitted. Just look at the faces of those not using them though when you want to pull back out/round parked cars, they will try and stop you getting in because they think your jumping the queue and using a bus lane when you shouldn’t!

Ive said it before but if you want to reduce emissions etc then lorries should be aloud to use bus lanes at all times since they produce the most emissions. They are a bloody waste of tarmac!

Exeter.

A lot of the problem is that the time information isn’t written clear enough in large enough numbers and letters so it’s best not to take the risk if you’re not absolutely sure of the times written as you approach and pass the sign.Although that would probably mean a fail on the driving test for not using correct lane discipline.

maps.google.com/?ieUTF8&ll=5 … 55,0,-3.3

maps.google.com/?ie=UT8&ll=5 … .36,0,2.2

even more confusing are the ones marked “authorised vehicles only”.
I always feel apprehensive using those even when I know I’m OK

I use them whenever possible, just a pita getting stuck behind buses. Love that hgv lane on the a23.

Harry Monk:
Exeter.

Yes I use that lane when coming back from Crediton, it makes me feel special :sunglasses:

I agree we should be able to use bus lanes. Makes you laugh that tfl want to hammer the hauliers with the lez, because the lorries chuck out nasty ■■■■, but won’t let you use the lanes that will cut down time sat idling :unamused: :bulb:

As a former bus/coach driver its a habit using them, sorta feel at home then lol

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

The best bit I find is on the A38 past the old parcel hub and between Minworth to Tyburn. The signs say Bus Lane Suspended and the cars and lorries still sit in the outside allowing me to sail along on the inside :laughing:

bald bloke:
Yes I use that lane when coming back from Crediton, it makes me feel special :sunglasses:

Yes, obviously it’s far more fun in the evening rush hour when the cars in lane 2 are stacked solid. :wink:

I dont bother using them because I can guarantee once I get in one and go round the next corner there will be some ■■■■ whos parked a car in the lane and then it will be a mission to get over

Pete the post:
Bus lanes in use 7am to 10am and 4pm to 7 pm, outside of these hours fill your boots, I do :smiley:
Been doing it for years and no tickets.
Pay no attention to the sheeple who can’t read signs :stuck_out_tongue:

Not all bus lanes operate in those hours! I think the reason why people are wary of using them is because of variations in times they operate makes them uncertain plus your average motorist can’t read traffic signs especially in London where for some strange reason road signs are still in English, not Polish or Arabic?

groovy greg:
:shock: no but it got your attention didnt it :exclamation: :wink: :laughing:

:exclamation: :wink: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Is it not against new Forum Rules to search Attention?
Think i read somethings in a Topic of about a deleted Post