1st run tto malaga monday need help!

hi all you exsperience drivers out there off to malaga monday need help, which is best way to go where to stop overnite fuel toll roads (how much)it costs etc, sailing from dover now where please any info would be a great help never done this before

HERE are a few sites to have a look at
this one will give you the costs of the french motoways
TOLLS

is this the correct place where you are going

ROUTE

A LINK WITH LOTS OF INFO ,just take a look and read the bits
what you require for your trip to SPAIN;
SOME -LINKS

THIS ONE ISDOVER
THEabove are a few links i hope that they can help some of our other
members will be here and also post their tips for you to have a look at

Saddler the way i would go from calais would be down the west coast route as opposed to Reims/Dijon/Lyon/Lajunquera etc as this way is pay all the way
So head out of Calais direction of Boulogne then you have a bit of peage (22 euros)to Abbeville then head for Rouen /Evreux/Dreux/Chartres then on to the n 10 where there are a few decent routiers to park at you have to jump on to to the autoroute at a couple of towns to get round them and come off at Potier sud and run the n10 to just above Bordeaux i used to park at Vivonne routier on the right or at the next one a big one on the left, this is a shift from Calais
Then head south after Bordeaux on the a63 theres a couple of small peages down here but watch out as the police are very keen on this stretch then after the border follow Vitoria/Burgos/Madrid/Granada/Malaga they are numourous places you can stop in Spain and the odd peages are not expensive
Also its four years since i was down there so there will be a few new roads built its about 2000km from Calais and it used to take me about 25 hours driving time Keep things right as the fines can be very high hope this is some use to you and enjoy the sun when you get down there.
Klunk

I’d pretty much second Clunk’s post, that is the way I would go. I normally stop at Castets, which is south of Bordeaux on the forest road, but you can only do it in one shift from Caen, Cherbourg etc.

Harry Monk:
I’d pretty much second Clunk’s post, that is the way I would go. I normally stop at Castets, which is south of Bordeaux on the forest road, but you can only do it in one shift from Caen, Cherbourg etc.

Ditto, for France at least, but rather than Castets which is a bit plasticky, my preference is definitely for the resto 100 metres east of J17 N10 (the D 43) at Liposthey. Fantastic grub as evidenced by the fact that they have a parking man to make sure you all get into the large parking area :laughing: .
As with anything though, it depends on whether you are passing at mealtimes.

I like the one at Liposthey a lot of rumours of break ins and fuel theft at Castets lately only been there a couple of times in the last couple of years you should be able to make Vitoria/Burgos area on your second card. or even Freds coslada, Madrid on a ten hour shift.