1st lesson tomorrow!

So I took the plunge and quit my job from running a pub! With the bond I had, and all the kind info I found on here I booked my full course (c then c+e) with a local school. I passed my theory and hp last week so the time has come for my first lesson tomorrow!! A bit nervous but exited too, are there any tips or things I should keep my mind on?!! Cheers!!

Don’t panic, and don’t worry if things don’t fall into place straight away, relax and enjoy it, everything will click in the end, I found the examiners on the test were pretty fair guys, and I stressed over a lot of things that never happened, don’t listen to people telling horror stories, it’s not too bad at all really, good luck.

Very common to be nervous the night before. Your aim is to get used to a vehicle and learn do a nice smooth safe drive with time for observations (this means slowing right down sometimes!) not to learn to drive a lorry like a car! As said, try and relax.
All the best for your training and test. Tim

How did it go?

Don’t worry if you feel like you’ve made a mistake and that it’s just too much, day 1 was exactly that for me but the days after more than made up for it!

It went really well. Took me a bit to get used to the brakes, but half hour on an industrial estate sorted that. The gears clicked into place quickly and had no probs with the width and length. Only hit the kerb once towards the end but a bit of panic was setting in driving round Manchester in rush hour for the first time in an 18 tonne truck!!! Loved it though, did a little reversing but that’s for the next lesson on Thursday!! :smiley:

Well done! You are off the blocks now…
I also found the brakes hard at first. In general I solved it by braking gently earlier. Air brakes are certainly a bit different to car/van brakes! Sounds like you made a good start. Get a good nights kip! Tim

Aw that’s great news, glad to hear it.

Manchester eh? I used to live in Denton for nearly a decade, Salford too for bit, worked down Salford Quays back when they were first doing it up.

As already said, take your time best to give yourself too much time than not enough, 1st day not much of a grin but every day the grin gets bigger and as for the 1 when you pass first time its all good :laughing:

Your class C is a step in a journey to C+E when you pass your class 1 all the worry will be forgotten everyone is the same, the grin factor gets bigger with class 1, been driving artics over 4 years you will get to the stage where you will drive thro a town centre in rush hour and wont even think about it will come naturally.
Ignore the miserable buggers on here who say its a crap job if its that crap how come they being doing it years?

Jeff.