1st hgv job, invaluable driving items

Just to add

Hayfever tablets
Spare pens
Some lynx spray or similar

Sploom:
Also,Ive been trying to get a concave mirror for checking the brake lights are working.

Why can’t every lorry be as good as an Actros? Even DAFs can also check lights with the remote

Sploom:
.Also,Ive been trying to get a concave mirror for checking the brake lights are working.

Jesus…

Turned the water into wine but struggles to see if his brake lights are working.

lunch time beer buzz

toonsy:
JLR so guessing DHL?

In which case no need to think. Just rock up and do what you’re told without thinking using stuff you’re given

I was thinking the same !

Set routes / breaks on site / canteen etc takes away a lot of the thinking required and all that shuttling trailers will get a newbie’s reversing up to scratch in no time

yourhavingalarf:

Sploom:
.Also,Ive been trying to get a concave mirror for checking the brake lights are working.

Jesus…

Turned the water into wine but struggles to see if his brake lights are working.

OMG don’t start the 13th disciple off again. :unamused:

lunch time beer buzz

With the baby wipes,I keep mine in an old bread bag because the seal tends to break and they end up drying out by the time you get to the last few,just a little life hack,is that theword…

Taking ones brain to work is always a good start and and an important thing to have. Seems a lot of drivers leave theirs at home.

Obviously some companies require you not to use your brain too much and to do as you are instructed.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

A very fine hat

yourhavingalarf:

Sploom:

Jesus…

lunch time beer buzz

:laughing: :laughing:

It’s not DHL,it’s for acumen, I bring in executive seats for the range rovers and take back empties haha, I like it plenty of room for reversing which is good, reversing up a good few times a day will soon have my reversing up to scratch hopefully, a lot of waiting around though, Thursday the electric went out so was sat on the bay for 4 hours a lot more slow paced than my old job as a postman

J21my_c:
It’s not DHL,it’s for acumen, I bring in executive seats for the range rovers and take back empties haha, I like it plenty of room for reversing which is good, reversing up a good few times a day will soon have my reversing up to scratch hopefully, a lot of waiting around though, Thursday the electric went out so was sat on the bay for 4 hours a lot more slow paced than my old job as a postman

Is that running out of Redditch or Coventry?

Not sure what the pay is like now but Acumen wasn’t the greatest in the past but the JLR work is easy like you said

spike78:

J21my_c:

Is that running out of Redditch or Coventry?

Not sure what the pay is like now but Acumen wasn’t the greatest in the past but the JLR work is easy like you said

Running out of Redditch, yes pay is not great £26.5k 8 hour shifts Monday to Friday, very easy work though,nearly half of my day is sitting around tbh, I’m just happy to have landed my first driving job so money isn’t an issue but obviously once I’ve got experience I’ll look elsewhere plus every run I have to do 4 reverses so I’ll get plenty of practice reversing which is great for me

Fuzrat:

stu675:

TC:
If only day driver.

2Pr Gloves, one for wet one for dry.
Truck Sat Nav- best you can afford, Garmin Dezl or TomTom.
Re chargeable Head Torch
Power extention with spr phone charger.
Wet wipes.

Personally I wouldn’t be without my earpods, I know most trucks have bluetooth, but earpods are a million times better.
Oh and I love my heat tin, Aldi ready made mince and dumplings £2.49 - in the heat tin for 40 mins and it’s better\cheaper food then you can ever get on the road.

What’s a heat tin?

One of these, excellent for me. I do afternoon shift and my break is around tea time so want a decent hot meal. Put it on when i get to store and start tipping, come out and its hot for my break. Do all sorts in it, pasta, curry & rice, chilli, fish pie, shepherds pie, basically anything you would heat through in the microwave. Mines got 2 compartments so can do stuff like stew in one side and some pre cooked new spuds in the other.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/aceyoon-Electric-Lunch-Box-Removable-Stainless-Heated-Lunch-Box/dp/B09SD6Z77G/ref=sr_1_46?crid=3PTVAU4UU39SC&keywords=12v+hot+box+for+food&qid=1681132466&sprefix=12v+hot%2Caps%2C84&sr=8-46

It’s like a modern day Boiling Vessel like the army has been fitting in armoured vehicles since the mid 1940’s.

Along with everything else mentioned above…

Two or three micro fibre cloths for cleaning the windows, mirrors, headlights, rear cluster lights etc.