1st Drive in an artic

SO after 7 months of getting my class 1 in a wagg n dragg I finally got let loose in an artic. I was a bit nervous at first but it felt so good to finally drive one! Fair play to you guys for getting in and out of some of the places I see artics going to. Let the learning begin!

Did it feel alright, or was it a complete nightmare for the first few miles?

I’m trying to decide on the question that has been done to death on here before. Most agree it’s an easier test in wag’n’drag. Logic says I should take the easy option.
What’s niggling me is that I know for sure it will be artics that I would drive afterwards because we have no W&Ds and I’m interested how long it took you to feel confident, if you are there yet!

Well done to the OP for getting first drive.

I’m trying to decide on the question that has been done to death on here before. Most agree it’s an easier test in wag’n’drag. Logic says I should take the easy option.

What’s niggling me is that I know for sure it will be artics that I would drive afterwards because we have no W&Ds and I’m interested how long it took you to feel confident, if you are there yet!

As to the question of WnD v Artic. Take your test on whatever you feel you have more chance of passing in. You can always find a school that’ll give you a half day training on the other combination with no pressure.

I found this worked well for me. And was also the most cost effective route.

Cool man, who you on for now or was it through agency??

Cheers guys :smiley:
Have to agree with dar1976 completly there.
I was just getting some practise in driving round a big yard full of trailers. Coupling/un coupling, reversing, just getting used to how it feels. Very different to driving a rigid!
Going out for a road drive with one of the experinced drivers soon and then hopefully get offered a job!

Pass in a proper artic if you can as you can cause massive damage if you are let loose in one & you have no experience of driving one, just my opinion.

It’s easy once you get a couple of years experience under your belt.

Silver_Surfer:
Pass in a proper artic if you can as you can cause massive damage if you are let loose in one & you have no experience of driving one, just my opinion.

It’s easy once you get a couple of years experience under your belt.

+1

Since most people take their C+E test in a mid axle wag 'n drag these days, most TMs are painfully aware of the need to give them some instruction on an artic. There should also be company procedures for them to learn, and in my view a driver who has little or no experience should be given at least a week’s instruction and practice before being let loose on the public.

Got a run to the Chelsea flower show yesterday great fun! And got offered a job at the end of the day. Finally got my start! Cheers guys!

Good on you! Congrats on the job and all the best :slight_smile:

Scanner:
Good on you! Congrats on the job and all the best :slight_smile:

Many thanks :smiley:

Nice one :slight_smile:

Well done on your new start! :sunglasses: HAPPY DAYZ :grimacing: :grimacing:

Well done !!! :wink:

Well done. Take your time for the first few wks. After that be no stopping you

good luck you’ll soon get the hang of it